Max Transit version for sailboat in Mexico and S Pacific

I am setting up a communication system for my sailboat. I am currently in San Diego but will spend a lot of time in Mexico and the South Pacific, including NZ and Aus. I have a Peplink AP One Rugged and a switch with POE. I am trying to decide on a modem and antenna. I am leaning towards a Max Transit series modem with either a Puma 221 or a Poynting 7-in-1. I would be very happy if I can get a reliable 10 mbps down and 2 mbps up.
I have 2 questions:

1. Which Max Transit version will work best in the countries I am looking at? Looking at frequencycheck.com, I think the channels in my target countries are:
    GSM - 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    3G - B1, B2, B4, B5, B8
    LTE - B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B20, B28, B40, B41
    CDMA - BC0, BC1, BC10
    I am thinking of the MAX-TST-LTEA-K-T, also called the Max Transit Global / CAT12.
    Any recommendations?
  2. I hear that carriers are starting to block some routers on some plans. What happens if I buy a Max Transit and carriers in my locations start blocking? Do they normally offer other (higher priced?) plans I can use?
    thanks
    Pat

Hi Pat,

Just noticed your post.

We would suggest a HD2 Dome together with a SIM injector and an either the 8 port or 16 port rugged Switch with the extra PoE power supply and an AP.
Advantages would be easier cabling (LAN and power) with no need for an additional external antenna. And easy change of SIM cards, as the SIM injector can hold up to 8 SIMs

For NZ and Australia, Band 28 is essential.
We posted a summary regarding the bands and their supporting Peplink devcies on our webpage: Peplink CAT | What is 4G speed | ADVANTESCO

Cheers
Mandy - ADVANTESCO NZ

1 Like