Max Transit Stuck in initializing

Hi there, I’m having an issue with one of the two modems in my max transit duo. The “cellular 2” band is always initializing. I have two sims, each of them are identified within about 30 seconds on the first modem, but the second modem won’t get past the “initializing” stage, and won’t even recognize the sim card data. Any thoughts or work arounds? I’ve read through much of the manual, and it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to enable this slot.

Hi - Welcome to the forum! Can you confirm the exact model number off the label on the bottom of the Transit please, and also which firmware version you have installed?

1 Like

It is a Pepwave MAX Transit Duo LTEA. It’s currently running 8.1.2, but I also tried the original fw version it came from (8.1.1). Same story.

OK so a SIM that works in Slot A on Cellular 1 should work in the same way on Slot A on Cellular 2 assuming you have default (or the same) settings for both modems.
Try a factory reset just to be sure. If it still doesn’t work, download the diagnostic file from the Status page and Log a Ticket with engineering.

1 Like

I am having very similar issues with my Max Transit Duo. Did this story have a happy ending you can share?

Peplink Engineering was able to resolve after filing a service ticket per Martin’s instructions.

Hi. Can you tell us what was found and the resolution – for the benefit of all?

I don’t know what he did exactly, but using Remote Assistance Soriam Vargas at Peplink was able to restore both modems. Thank you, Soriam!