Max Transit & SL Inmotion as a WAN connection

I viewed the recent webinars about Pepwave and SL. They were more about how to configure speed fusion with SL, not how to bring an SL Dishy into the MT. The inmotion dish appears to come with an external power supply (POE injector) and appears to have a network connection with possibly an RJ45 at the other end. I am trying to find out if that Ethernet connection can go directly into the WAN port of the pepwave, allowing me to ditch that SL WiFi router device (leave it in the box and never use it) I have no idea whose RV has the kind of room required for both those devices anyway. I only have a 40’ motorhome and those things look like something designed in the 1970’s size wise.

-Bill

I am really having a hard time finding any real information on the SL site, so I am here.

You most likely will receive a different response from what I’m providing. I have been using a gen 2 DISHY for several months.
I run the cable from the DISHY into the area where my Peplink device is installed. I plug in the Starlink modem/router to an available 120 VAC source & connect it via WiFi as WAN to the Peplink device. The Starlink modem/router sits on a table about 6’ or so from the Peplink.
If I’m going down the road. the Starlink setup is not in use. However, with the Peplink I have the option of connecting to cellular. I also have a cellular modem in my laptop PC.
My intent was to keep everything as simple as possible. The Starlink WiFi connection to the Peplink has worked very well for me.

Yeah, hoping for something more specific to their inmotion offering which doesn’t need to use the SL Router.

The inmotion dishy seems like the perfect compliment to the MT when traveling area’s with no cellular service like norther Canada on the way to Alaska. We were amazed how many miles of road had no cellular coverage. There was 500 miles without coverage on the Cassiar highway.

It will work fIne. There is an included cable with an rj45 for standard gigabit Ethernet.

on gen 1 terminal it was the same. poe directly to the peplink router.

for gen 2 square terminals I use the Ethernet adapter and put the router into bypass.

Its all working, except the phone will not connect Local, so I cannot get the obstructions page or much else as it will only go remote. I can ping 192.168.100.1 from my internal network and even see ports 80 & 443 are open using telnet. But if I web in to the admin page, all I get are 404 errors. And then there is the phone app only connecting remotely from the internal network that is the real issue. On a SOB router I added 192.168.100.0/24 to the static route table and local worked. But I am not finding a way to do that on the max. Which is very curious. I can add a static route on the LAN though, which is not useful.

Make sure your SL Router is in bypass mode.
On your PL Router go to wan and under DHCP you should see
Click here for other DHCP settings
under management ip put 192.168.100.10

Under LAN network settings set a local dns entry for SL.
dishy.starlink.com → 192.168.100.1

No SL router in the loop. I had that mgt address as 192.168.100.100, The dns entry is working as a machine on the PL wifi resolves dishy.starlink.com now, but still gets the 404 error from nginx.

I am now connecting LOCAL!! Thank You. I found that I had added Additional IP address settings while trying to figure this out. I removed them and its working. Maybe it was the DNS entry?

Glad it’s working now , thanks for reporting