MAX Transit Mini - Verizon?

Is the MAX Transit Mini not compatible with Verizon? I have been trying to get two of them activated for quite a while and while they show up as Verizon SIM in the device, they will not authenticate with the Verizon network. I’ve had quite a few issues with Verizon recognizing Peplink equipment. However, these ones have baffled even the top technicians at Verizon.

Just a thought: The SIM card’s subscription plan may interfere with its use in a router (e.g., a SIM card from a phone may not (and has on occasion not) worked in a peplink (or any other) router). Have you talked with Verizon support?

Yes. The SIM came out of a working USB Dongle, the system was updated with the IMEI of the Peplink but it rejects the IMEI saying invalid device. However, I can take that same SIM insert it into a Max HD2 and it works. But not in the Transit Mini.

I am converting these two lines over to FirstNet now. Hopefully that will yield better results.

It will work fine with FirstNet, AT&T and T-Mobile.

The original target market for the Transit Mini was for FirstNet Band 14 and T-Mobile Band 71 customers which is why we don’t have the Verizon logo on the MAX Transit Mini page on our site or datasheet.

When we realized the radio actually covered the Verizon bands as well we looked into this but it turns out the LTE radio vendor had to make some small change to the module in order to get it certified on the Verizon network.

The original TAC or IMEI’s are apparently now blocked from being used on the Verizon network, even with a pre-activated SIM.

This “newer” version of the module is now Verizon certified and hence we have also moved ahead with the Verizon certification of the MAX Transit Mini and it should be completed in the next few weeks.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks Tim. That makes more sense now. Put FirstNet Black SIMS in and they popped into the network (took about 30-45 minutes each) but they came online.

1 Like

Hello. We are looking to change from T-Mobile to Verizon and I’m wondering if this device is certified for Verizon yet? Previous posts indicated the processed being completed within a few weeks of the end of March, 2020. Any feedback is appreciated.

@rolandm, welcome to the Forum!

Yes the Transit Mini is now certified on Verizon. Thanks

2 Likes

Awesome,

Do we just need to update firmware to support the SIM?

image001.png

The cellular module firmware has to be updated to MOF.660006 first and this can be accomplished via the support.cgi page. Before this will work the device firmware needs to be on: https://download.peplink.com/firmware/br1/fw-max_br1_br2-8.0.2s124-build3666.bin

If the cellular module firmware is on 25.20.663 / 25.20.664 the upgrade will not work until the device firmware has been updated first.

The upgrade is also supported on 8.1.0 Beta2 and above and will of course be supported on 8.1.0 GA firmware.

Happy surfing!

2 Likes

Hey Tim - I bought a
MAX-TST-GLTE-G-T-PRM last week and went to a Verizon authorized dealer today and after he loaded the IMEI number his Verizon portal showed that it is an invalid device/number. How do I get the router on the Verizon network? Can you help me out pls? Regards Thomas

Hi Thomas and welcome to the Forum!

We ran into some delays getting the CAT18 Transit certified on Verizon but this should be wrapping up within 2 weeks.

In the meantime you can activate a SIM card using the IMEI from a MiFi or USB modem and then just move the SIM over to the Transit.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

I am considering getting a Cat 18 MAX like yours. I am also on Verizon. Were you able to get it to work on Verizon and how do you like it? Thanks!

Mike

Hi Tim,

I am new to the forum and have posted some questions about the CAT 18 Transit MAX. I saw your post. I am reading and have been told that the Transit MAX Cat 18 is still not Verizon Certified. Any updates on when that might occur. Also, I have an active SIM on a grandfathered Verizon DATA plan… will that work? Just want to cover my basis before I purchase. Planning on using this in our RV and home internet. Thank you!

Mike

My personal experience is that you can not switch an activated SIM from a Verizon Hotspot or USB modem over to a Peplink that is not certified. Their network is now rejecting devices that are not on their approved lists. We just went through this on the HD4 MBX. I was switching from an HD4 to the MBX version and the MBX had not been approved. It would not work until it was certified. The Transit is a nice piece of kit, but I would recommend looking at the Max BR1 for an RV. I was helping a friend outfit a unit and found that to be an ideal unit for an RV.

1 Like

I have been trying to get an answer about when the Max Transit CAT18 will work on Verizon since early July and have not been able to get an answer. I specifically bought the device to use with Verizon and I was lead to believe that it would work with Verizon from the statements on the Peplink was webpages for the device and from the words of the company that sold me the device.

If they are not able to get the device to work on Verizon then I want a refund and I would strongly recommend that no one else buy the device if they plan to use it with Verizon.

A search reveals there is a recent and active thread regarding this issue here – Verizon Certification.

1 Like