Max Transit Duo Password

Our router all of a sudden seems to have been reset. Our SSID is back to the Pepwave default and we cannot log on to the IP address of the router.

Via another network connection, I am able to log into incontrol2.peplink.com and view the information for the router.

Is there a default password that is given when Peplink routers are sent out?

If you have a Max device the defaults are admin / admin.

1 Like

Admin passwords can also be managed from InControl2.
Please check under the group level settings that you haven’t enabled “Device Web Admin Management”
"

You can also change the local admin password by using remote web admin in InControl2 to access the device and then change the password user the system tab.

1 Like

Not the https://192.168.50.1/ password. The password when connecting to your wifi from the wifi icon in the lower right hand corner. The SSID is pepwave-6879, which is not the SSID I originally set it for. I’m trying my password that I originally set and it reads “can’t connect to network”.

The default SSID password is the last 8 characters of the LAN MAC address.
E.g. if the MAC address is A1:B2:C3:D4:A1:B2 the the SSID password would be C3D4A1B2

1 Like

The information I gave you is the router’s default admin credentials and I do believe it is correct. You cannot get into the router via ethernet and then see the GUI which will tell you the wi-fi PW?

1 Like

That’s what I needed. Thanks a bunch.

2 Likes