MAX Transit 5G Firm: 8.3.0 Cellular Details Show ATT w/VZW SIMS!! WTF??

I’ve spent 40+hrs trying everything on the planet to make this Transit work with VZW 5G SIMS. It worked just fine! I have two 5G VZW SIMS in it! I took it out of the house to use for work and it will not reconnect to VZW. Nothing has changed! Same SIM cards for over a year!

WTF is going on? Cellular details shows ATT!! The ICCID matches my notes from VZW!! It’s NEVER had ATT sims in it!!

I bought the unit brand new from a PW distributor for over 1k. I’d like to use it.

YES: Even if I manually select the carrier it *still shows ATT sims! Witih APN set to “auto” it picks up vzwinternet! … but still shows ATT under “Cellular Details”

At this point there is no “Max Transit” model that has even one 5g module that I know of let alone 2.

There is the BR1 pro 5g, or the BR2 5g(dual 5g), or you can plug and play with another router and expansion combo. There is no single/dual 5g Transit model out.

[quote=“Brad_Roberts, post:6461d0b7bf2a0f81466c4dc8, topic:43582”]
YES: Even if I manually select the carrier it *still shows ATT sims! Witih APN set to “auto” it picks up vzwinternet! … but still shows ATT under “Cellular Details”
[/quote] Have you tried switching the APN to either “Broadband,” instead of “Auto.” I am sure that will help fix your problem with ATT.

Auto is not going to help you if you have specific SIM cards and are in a remote area, you still need to point the card to the correct connection on the cell tower.

[quote=“Brad_Roberts, post:6461d0b7bf2a0f81466c4dc8”]
I bought the unit brand new from a PW distributor for over 1k. I’d like to use it.
[/quote] I believe your unit is still usable, regardless of the “Dual 5G” you were mentioning. I am sure your distributor can fully answer your questions.

If this doesn’t help, send me a PM.

1 Like

Could you provide a few more details?

Starting with which model you are referring to:

• The transit 5G as such is an older model, no longer in the line-up for new purchases. A fine device, but no longer for sale as new.
  • The transit duo (with two modems) would not be a 5G, at most it would be a 2xCAT12 (another fine device)
  • Or some other Peplink device?

Then there is the firmware - which version are you on (the current one version would be 8.3.0)?

And a screenshot would be helpful.

Cheers,

Z