MAX HD4 US RF/SAR/FCC compliance paperwork antenna compliance documentation/minimum safe distance

Question from a broadcaster end user: “Do you have the RF/SAR/FCC compliance paperwork for that router/those antennas? I see it has been FCC certified, but I guess mostly wondering what is the minimum safe distance we should be placing these antennas from people?”

I am checking with hardware team. I will get back to you asap.

I think Mike got the answer and a RF Exposure Evaluation Report from my colleague - Ivan. Anyway, Below is the answer.

"*This statement is shown in the user manual because that is a FCC requirement.

According to FCC requirement, since this device is classified as a mobile device not portable device (mobile phone etc), it is necessary to perform RF exposure test instead of SAR test for this device and here is the RF exposure test report for your reference. However, RF exposure report can show the safety distance of the device between the device and the body of the user.

For HD4, it is not the same and the antenna of the device is at latest 40cm far away from the body of the user in accordance with the attached RF exposure test report.

The user should follow this statement (40cm far away from the human body) for installation.*"

Thank you.

Hi,
I’m interested on same question for Max Transit.

On the last user Manual rev is stated:
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement (for MAX700/ HD2/ HD2 IP67/ BR1)
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.*

Is same for Max Transit?
If so please update the manual.

Thanks in advance
Maurizio

Max Transit is 24cm.

Hi Liew,

do you have any document declaring the minumun distance for Max Transit. I have to supply to customer.

Thanks in advance.

Maurizo

I sent you the document via e-mail. :wink: