MAX HD4 MBX: USB Ports as additional lte ports

Hi,

I have a question about the 2 USB ports of the MAX HD4 MBX. I would like to use them as additional lte ports. Normal lte usb sticks are too shaky for me and I want to use external LTE-Antennas. So I would use something like that:
housing
M2 LTE Modem CAT12
I’m afraid, that the lte modem is not supported by the max hd4 mbx. Is there something comparable that is being supported, or what else could I do?
Thank you for a answer.

Hi,

I think this is a good idea to build a enterprise USB-solution.
If all WAN ports are already occupied, nothing remains except the USB connection.

Has someone already tested such an M.2 solution? Would Peplink help with the implementation here? @TK_Liew

Thanks
Dennis

Hi,

Unless something has changed, at most you will be able to use just one of the USB’s as for a WAN USB device.

Its possible to get a cellular module working with that housing, I have tested it, but you do need to find the correct cellular module for it to work. I tried a couple different SW modules, and could only get a few to work without requesting drivers be added by Peplink. Aside from that, I don’t believe the Peplink device will pull all the data from the cellular module (ie: signal strength, imei information, etc), I would have to go find one of the devices and plug it in to be sure.

I would recommend watching the OOBM webinar video, specifically the first one at right about 11 minutes in, should help answer your question to this. :wink:

Link here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iixge7HyZ3k&feature=youtu.be

-Jeff

You’ll love our upcoming MAX Adapter. :grinning:

Stay tuned for something exciting in November. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I think the MAX Adapter is the ideal solution :+1:
And I can only use one of the two USB Ports as a additional LTE-Line?

Is there any news about the MAX adapter?

It will be available in the next 30-45 days. Sorry the original schedule has been slipped.

How’s this coming along?