Max HD 1 Dome + Wifi as WAN?

I’m planning an install on my sailboat with the Max HD 1 Dome. I’d like to be able to use the Wifi-as-WAN feature to connect to the marina wifi, as well as run a local wifi network for devices on the boat to connect to.

What would be the ideal product to tie the Max HD 1 Dome and SIM injector together? Would the Surf SOHO work? What would the network look like? Would the HD 1 Dome plug into the WAN on the Soho Surf, and then the SIM injector plug into the LAN?

You have many threads going

This has been discussed before

Have you read any of the past threads

I’d want a dedicated WiFi WAN antenna and a dedicated WiFi LAN AP

I have been reading through the forums quite a bit, but haven’t found anything that addresses this exactly. I also haven’t been able to find a basic diagram for using an HD Dome + SIM Injector + ??? to create an network with both internal WiFi AP and WiFi as WAN. I know its probably a very simple answer, but I just can’t seem to find it. The closest I can find is a this thread, and it is a product idea: HD1 Dome + SIM injector + Marine Feedback - #9 by stevemitchell

When you say you want a dedicated WiFi WAN antenna, do you have something specific in mind? I found the APs already, that seems straightforward. Also, I am trying to keep the system simple and avoid having 5+ devices to accomplish what can be done with a single MAX Transit.

The other thread I started was about antennas, so I didn’t want to confuse it with this different topic.

Take a look at this, it could suit your needs - POYNTING EPNT-1

Im considering buying the directional version of this and using it on a mast when I am remote campsites in the mountains. POYNTING EPNT-2

I would us a omnidirectional antenna, not a directional! With a directional antenna you have to adjust it everytime. Only a 360° antenna is recommended for a moving device.

Can we please focus on the thread here. I’m looking for the simplest way to achieve Wifi as WAN with a MAX HD 1 Dome - it already has all the antennas built into it.

Dont mount the WiFi WAN antenna too high. Think about where access points will be.

Thanks, I would like the WiFi antennas at deck or coachroof level. What I meant was the MAX HD1 Dome has all the cellular antennas already.