Max BR2 Pro 5g - T-Mobile no speed

Hi guys, I recently purchased the business internet plan from T-Mobile that is part of the Peplink Partnership, 300GB for $150/month.

These plans are designed to work on our gear. I put my sim in the built in 5g modem, and using the fast.t-mobile.com APN, i am only getting 1-2mbps down and 15-30mbps upload.

I’ve never seen the download be that significantly slower than upload.

I contacted t-mobile and they said the lines are provisioned correctly, and maybe there is something going on with my modem.

I attached a copy of my speedtest and the modem details.

Anyone have any ideas?

st-1.png
st.png

I also own a BR2 Pro and found that it would not aggregate multiple LTE bands on any carrier. On T-Mobile it would aggregate 5G with only a single LTE band. I received a special firmware yesterday which solved the problem and my BR2 is aggregating up to 5 bands of LTE, crushing my previous speedtest scores.

My guess is that if you had 8.2.1s095-build5072 your device would aggregate more than 5G and a single LTE band. Subsequently increasing performance.

I will PM you a link to the firmware.

2 Likes

Also just tried one of the sims from my ATT Business Unlimited hotspot plan, usually in one of my Netgear Nighthawks, which on LTE get 100 down/20 up, and 5g get 250+ down, and 70+ up. Its only get 2mb down and up.

Thanks!

This seems to have helped AT&T LTE but now AT&T is stuck on LTE and won’t go to 5G. And we have some great 5G ATT where I am at.

T-mobile is still the same, and i know for a fact, 41, 66, and 71 are all good where i am at, on 5g sa and lte.

this just makes no sense to me now.

Thanks for the help. I opened another ticket. Fingers crossed.

I am having this exact same experience with my new BR2 pro. How did you resolve (if at all)

For myself I believe the special firmware 095 “solved” the problem - however ATT+VZW are my primary and I only happened to have a T-Mobile SIM active this month for some other reason. My ATT cellular plan is not provisioned for 5G so I cannot comment on that. The ATT LTE in my area is pumping 250Mb down through the BR2 and I’m getting a combined 350Mb down so I am satisfied. plus I have starlink rv :slight_smile:

You should open a ticket and see if they can make further improvements.

I still havent resolved this issue. Its not just TMO its also ATT. I tried the special build 5072, which did absolutely nothing for me. I have updated my ticket with support, and waiting on their reply. These modems are basically useless, which really puts me in a bind to find two additional usb modems, that work, ASAP.

I know this is an old post, but I have been using this APN with my T-Mobile that is working well:
B2B.static

1 Like

Monica, I have an almost identical setup to yours. Apart from the APN change, did you have to do anything else?

Nope, nothing else, but it’s worth trying others like:
fbb.home
fast.t-mobile.com

Awesome find MnMgo! That saved me from more headaches! It solved my slow connection issues!

1 Like

Nice!