All points of views are very interresting, thank you all for this helpfull discussion.
My journey on this began when I heard a sales man telling a custommer that his BR1 with two sim cards will choose the best career based on the best signal, where ever he goes. I found this not to be true.
- Then I thought maybe the reboot process would check that, but no.
- Then I thought maybe te “Reset Cellular” option would do it but no.
- Then I found the option "Optimal Network Discovery, but also no.
- The Fallback option to prefered sim is great and we use it, but indeed for another purpose. I would only advice to not put a too low value in “Non-preferred SIM is connected for x minutes” because in case of health check problem on the prefered card it wil constantly switch and because of “refresh” delays in Incontrol you will lose Remote access (we had that problem with using 3 minutes there, so better a higher value).
- Then I thought maybe to be more agressive with health cheks but as this option applies to both sim card this is quit dangerous.
So I told the sales man he was a liar. Of course he was not, he only miss-interpreted marketing papers
I must admit I didn’t test the “Signal Threshold Settings” option in combination with the “Prefered Sim Card” option. As this option also applies to both Sim cards, what will happen if both modems are beneath the Treshold ? This gives me new ideas an will be my next lab .
Of course, I am fully aware that this request involves strong technical concerns to implement on devices with only one modem as Martin says (delayed power on process, moving devices, …), so I have no problem with this at all.
I only wanted to be sure I was not missing something here.