MAX BR1 Pro CAT-20 /5G

Hello patrons I’m interested in updating my lte router I have been looking at a couple of model’s MAX BR1 Pro CAT-20, and 5G. First with this model what is the difference between the cat 20 model and the 5G model?

In addition Max transit duo pro, and core is these two models still supported flagships from peplink or is these model’s at the end of life. User responses only of peplink products thank you.

Hi Gregory,

the only difference between MAX BR1 Pro CAT-20 and MAX BR1 Pro 5G is the cellular modem. The MAX BR1 Pro 5G supports both LTE and 5G bands, while the CAT-20G only LTE. Everything else is the same.

Next about Max Transit Duo Pro is uses same CPU as MAX BR1 Pro CAT-20/5G, but has dual LTE cellular modems inside + we added additional storage to add Dockers inside the router + some of the interfaces are different. The Transit Core is a bit less powerful CPU, but for LTE it more than enough.

All three mentioned modems will be still long supported from the SW side. There are no plans to stop supporting them.

What is cat-20 in comparison to LTE?

Hi Gregory,

LTE has categories which define its capabilities or simply speaking internet speed. The higher the number, the higher the speed. Need to mention, that speed also depends on the carrier as well. For instance here a Peplink we have routers starting from CAT-4 and up to CAT-20. CAT-20 is the highest LTE category we support today.