MAX BR1 Pro 5G with newer Winegard Air 360+ 5G

My RV (Brinkley Z3100) has the newer Winegard AIR 360+ 5G dome with 4 x MIMO antennas so I’d like a 5G router gateway. Has anyone tried the MAX BR1 Pro 5G with the Air 360+ 5G? The Peplink router is superior in several ways to Winegard’s 5G Gateway, but not sure if the antennas in the Winegard 360+ 5G dome will plug and play, and if it’s a supported configuration.

Honestly, after looking at how this antenna is laid out (each element), I’d swap it out for something else or add an additional one for cellular only. This antenna is a combination VHF/UHF, cellular, and wifi antenna.

Based on the antenna ports on the bundled radio/modem (Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 1...) it looks like they’re TP-9 ports whereas the BR1 5G takes SMA. You could convert them to TP-9 but that’s not ideal.

Great info - Thanks!!!

Mark_Gringle,

Did you try using the MAX BR1 Pro 5G with the Air 360+ 5G ? Curious how it worked as I’m in a similar boat.

Thanks,

I’m 99% sure it will work. I went with a different 5G router for non-technical reasons, and connected the 4 x MIMO antennas for cell and 1 x WiFi and it works great. You will need adapters to connect the Peplink to the wires coming from the Winegard. I used these (Peplink also uses these): Amazon.com

I also ordered a power cable pigtail for the Peplink that can be connected to the existing power: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z6BJCVH/

I’m using a T-Mobile (through Calyx.org) and am getting 500G+ here in western WA. Wifi in my RV is great using 1 of the 2 WiFi 2.4G antennas connected to the Winegard and the 2nd has a paddle antenna. The two 5Ghz WiFi antennas I use the paddle antennas that came with the router.

Thanks for the info and I’ll give it a go. The Calyx Institute pricing is attractive compared to other options I’ve found online. I just wish it didn’t have to be a hotspot and you could use the peplink w/ Winegard option to keep it wired up and out of the way.

You can simply remove the SIM from the hotspot from Calyx and insert it into the router. Exactly what I did.