Max BR1 Pro 5G will not reconnect to network after power loss

I have a BR1 Pro 5g on my boat. While in port, the router is connected to my home wifi wirelessly. If for any reason the home wifi goes down (power loss at home, network down, etc.), when it comes back up, I have to re-boot the BR1 pro 5G to get it to re-connect to the home WIFI. What do I need to do to have the BR1 re-connect to the home wifi without manual intervention? This same phenomena occurs while traveling and connecting elsewhere.

That doesn’t seem normal.
What is your home wifi? What band is it using?

I have Eero’s. Eero’s create a mesh network. They broadcast in both 2.4 and 5 GHzZ.

Can it reach both 2.4 and 5ghz , does it happen with both bands?

Jonathan, Thank you for the help. The Eeros broadcast in both, but you can’t see which band the BR1 pro is connecting to. It always connects on re-boot, but never after the Eero goes down for whatever reason or the Eero loses it’s connection to other Eero’s (That has happened once). Every other time has been a power outage which caused the Eero to stop broadcasting.

I can walk down to the boat and re-boot it at home. But, when we leave the boat when traveling, I need to be able to check on it.

Which wifi wan are you using 2.4 or 5ghz on the peplink side ?

We have both. I received advice from another source. He said the 8.4.1 firmware update would fix it. It seemed to. I disabled the home WiFi, re-enabled and it re-connected on its own. I will call it good until the next power outage, anyway. Thank you for your help!

Thanks for followup up, good to hear it’s resolved.

my Pepwave was on 8.3 and it upgraded to the latest 8.4.x. Jonathan, Thank you for helping.