Max BR1 MK2 upload speed issue over Starlink WAN

I have a Max BR1 MK2 using Starlink for WAN internet connection via direct Cat5E cable with PoE injector for the Starlink dish. Starlink plan is mobile regional, so I have de-prioritized data speeds. BR1 MK2 firmware is last version available. Management IP address for Starlink WAN is 192.168.100.100 / 255.255.255.0 (/24). MTU is set to Auto. Port speed is set to 100 Mbps Full Duplex. Other port speed settings (Auto, 1 Gbps) would severely reduce download speeds to <1 Mbps. I’m assuming the 100 Mbps Full Duplex port speed is the best setting since the router’s max throughput is only rated at 100 Mbps.

With these settings, I’m typically getting between 35-60+ Mbps download speeds via multiple speed tests (Starlink app, Ookla, Fast, Google), but my upload speeds never exceed 1-2 Mbps and are usually under 1 Mbps, which is making voice and video calls unstable or unusable. I know that there is asymmetry in Starlink speeds, but upload speeds from other users are typically 10-25% of download speeds, so I should be seeing at least 3-4 Mbps if not more. And I was getting much better upload speeds when I was using the Starlink router and connecting the BR1 MK2 via wifi WAN. I’m convinced there must be a configuration issue with the BR1 MK2 Starlink WAN that I’m missing. Any advice?

What is your location? I have seen slow upload speeds like that during congestion or bad weather. Try s direct connection to laptop at same time your speeds are bad and see if it’s any better

I’m on my sailboat at the island of Roatan, Honduras, so I don’t think network congestion is an issue. This issue with poor upload speeds has been occurring since I “deleted” the Starlink router and connected the dish directly to the Max BR1 MK2. I’ll dig out the only desktop computer I have with an ethernet port and try a direct connection, but I didn’t think a direct connection between the dish and a device would work without a router?

look at the starlink coverage map, it shows coverage coming in 2024, i would not expect any service there and you may be lucky to get what you are getting

Starlink’s coverage map shows where you are allowed to open Starlink accounts and receive their equipment, it does not reflect where people with equipment can and can not get service.

it shows coverage, where there is land coverage (where ROAM will work), and where there might be low to no service (coming soon/waitlist)