MAX BR1 MK2 + Starlink App Sleep Schedule not available

Hello all. On our sailboat we use MAX BR1 MK2, model MAX-BR1-MK2-LTEA-W Firmware
8.3.0 build 5122. We got rid of Starlink router so our Starlink dish connected directly to MAX BR1 MK2 WAN port with PoE injector. Everything works great, the Starlink app works as well , I am able to do SL firmaware updates and reboots, however, the Sleep Schedule is not available and asks: ’Connect to your network locally to update sleep mode configuration”.
I read few detailed posts here, on this forums and configured Management IP address as 192.168.100.100 255.255.255.0 /24. This has not changed anything for me. Some other SL groups suggest creating a static route to 192.168.100.1 network but I am not sure how to try it on MAX BR1 MK2. Any suggestions?

Please be gentle as I am not a network admin ))) Thank you in advance!
Serge

@Sailor007 We are 1SimpleConnect an Authorized Peplink & Starlink Solution Provider and Peplink Partner and I’ll do my best to assist you.
The BR1 MK2 still having 8.3 fw lacks the new starlink integration that they added in 8.4 and to all models in 8.4.1 however to simply get the app to work the legacy method of doing the mgmt ip should still be valid.

To summarize the steps for legacy connectivty to the starlink app you will need to do the following.
starlink wan set mgmt ip to 192.168.100.100

Local DNS Records
dishy.starlink.com 192.168.100.1

add two outbound rules
enforced to wan ip 192.168.100.1
enforced to wan domain dishy.starlink.com

Then when you are using the starlink app does it show it’s connected to the local dish or is it connecting to the starlink website to mange the dish?

If you need more help me know and I’ll try to help. Also if you are interested in upgrading to a newer version that supports the latest starlink integrations including reporting specific starlink events, starlink gps integration and stow/reboot from ic2.

Jonathan,

thank you for the detailed explanation. I am going to try this configurations today and let you know if it worked for me. Do you know by chance if/how I can upgrade my MAX BR1 MK2 router to 8.4.1? When I try auto upgrade it tells me I am on the ltest firmware 8.3.0. Thank you!

go to peplink.com and download the firmware

I tried … but it seems it is not available for MAX BR1 MK2. It shows 8,3,0 is the latest for this model.

ah yes, mk2 is listed as EOL for new major updates. personally i had a mk2 before, i’d upgrade it to br1 pro 5g. world of difference in power.

Mk2 only supports 8.3.0
If you are interested in upgrading we are a peplink partner , email me [email protected] or pm and I can help you decide the right model.