MAX BR1 MK2 Error Invalid Firmware Image

Hi,

I am attempting to update the firmware on a MAX BR1 from 7.1.0 to the latest version. I’m attempting to update to 7.1.2 as I understand this must be performed manually before you can update via the web admin to a version beyond 7.1.2. I am using the firmware listed on the firmware release notes page but I’m getting an “Error Invalid Firmware Image”.

Please can someone provide a link to the correct 7.1.2 version? Then I should hopefully be able to update via the web admin using the normal method to the latest version after this manual update.

I attach below an image of the unit and build.

Many thanks.

Hi,

here is the Link to the right Firmware you need:
https://download.peplink.com/firmware/br1ac/fw-max_br1mk2_hotspot_sohomk3-7.1.2-build1387.bin

For all other, you can find it in the archive, here:

BR
Dennis

3 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Thanks very much for your assistance. I have now successfully updated my BR1 to 7.1.2.

However when trying to update further via the Firmware and documentation link provided, I get the same error. Invalid firmware image.

Please can you provide the correct link to take the BR1 to the latest version?

I also have a HD4 MAX (details below) that I cannot update further for the same reasons therefore grateful if you could provide a link to that also.

Many thanks in advance for your further assistance.

Hi,

simply click on my second Link. This will show you the FW archive, then you can easy chosse the right FW for all your devices.

As I can see in your Screenshot you have 8.0.0 installed, so you can update to 8.2.0 directly

BR
Dennis

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately the firmware via the link gives me an invalid image error. Furthermore when attempting to update via the non manual method in the web admin it just hangs and never initiates. This is the same for my BR1 MAX and HD4 MAX

Would be great if you could provide a download link if possible. Much appreciated.

Hi,

Firmware of BR1 is NOT the same as for HD4!

You can install 8.2.0 via “check for latest Firmware” or use InControl2.

Otherwise use that link
https://download.peplink.com/firmware/plb1/fw-b1_210hw4_310hw4_br1ent_transit_m700hw3_hd2mini_hd4-8.2.0-build5312.bin

BR
Dennis

1 Like