MAX BR1 Mini with Ethernet WAN: load balancing?

I just purchased and configured the add-on, MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS “Failover software license and related feature set for BR1-MINI, enables Ethernet and Wi-Fi WAN”

I expected enabling Ethernet WAN would provide Outbound Policy to define load balancing rules between the LTE-A connection and the wired WAN connection, as described in the Pepwave MAX User Manual, and as I have on other Peplink devices. I rebooted and can’t find this functionality.

Also, the BR1 Mini UI seems to imply that multiple WANs can be assigned to the same Priority: “Drag desired (Priority [N]) connections here” and “Only healthy WAN connection(s) with the highest priority will be used for routing traffic”, but if I drag a second WAN in, the other pops down to the next lower priority. Can more than one WAN be assigned to the same priority, and if so, how is traffic divvied up between the two?

Is there a way to use both WANs simultaneously? If not, can I get the license rescinded and refunded?

The purpose of license - MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS is to enable the ethernet and Wifi-WAN then allow WAN failover between the WANs.

The WAN load balancing (more than 1 WAN in the same priority) only supported for BR series below. Please find this release note for more details.

• BR1
  • BR1 Slim
  • BR1 ENT

Hope this helps.

Hi TK
I do seam to remember a comment from Peplink that the BR1 Mini would have all the features of the other BR1’s once the WAN licence is enabled. Ethernet & Wifi WAN etc. I had assumed that load balancing and outbound policy was included in this.
Thank You

1 Like