MAX BR1 Mini w/ AT&T Static IP

I have a MAX BR1 Mini on 8.2.0 build 4901

Slot A is AT&T SIM.
Slot B is T-Mobile SIM.

I requested Static IP on the AT&T SIM. When I apply the APN the AT&T SIM never goes on-line, just eventually fails over to the T-Mobile SIM. When I remove the APN for the AT&T SIM it comes back on-line just fine.

I’ve gone back and forth with AT&T, they basically said “It looks like you configured it correctly, you’ll have to contact Pepwave.” I have no problem at another site on T-Mobile Static IP with that SIM but this site has crappy T-Mobile signal.

Ideas?

I sense your frustration but sorry, I’m not buying AT&T’s story that this is a Peplink issue. Classic “finger pointing.” Just curious – what APN are you using?

This was provided by AT&T.

I tried setting MTU to 1420 (default is 1428). Same result with this APN. Never connects. Fails over to T-Mobile.

Device settings:
APN: psmtneorm
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
IP: automatically configured by our network
DNS: automatically configured by our network
Gateway: modem vendors do this in their own way and the results can vary
MTU: 1420 or less (packet size)

Hi again. I ahve not seen that APN before but it certainly may be correct. I’d suggest four things, in order:

1. Swap the SIMs just to make certain you don’t have a bad slot (unlikely.)
  2. See if you can get to a higher level tech support person. That individual should be able to “see” what is happening. I also wonder if the static address was actually provisioned.
  3. Try “broadband” for the ASPN – at least for now. That’s the “typical” AT&T DHCP APN which is often not obtained using an "auto"setting. Also switch Network Mode between Auto and AT&T. (We’ve seen inexplicable cases where one worked and the other did not.)
  4. Submit a ticket with Peplink.

Please let us know the outcome!

More detail. The device is in use providing Internet for a site 650 miles from me. Not impossible but rather difficult troubleshooting remotely. If I do anything that takes it off-line and it fails to recover, I have to try to work with staff on-site that have zero technical skills. “You want me to plug my laptop into what? What is a Hotspot?” etc, etc.

1. SIM A works, but not configured for an APN.
  2. I’ll have to wait until Monday
  3. I’ll try that tonight.
  4. Done.
  5. Thank you!

OH yes. Right now we’re trying to deal with a recalcitrant system 900 miles away in a building where there is no one present. Uuugh. I get it. ;<)

Is your roaming set to enabled for those sims?