Max BR1 Mini - SINR

I am getting terrible SINR numbers. I have tried AT&T and Verizon, I have used the built in antenna, and a Xpol-2 antenna.
Have yet to try the Xpol-2 with verizon, just got the sim for that will do that this weekend.

Both of the tower I have line of sight (can see their beacon blinking), Verizon being much closer.

My other connection info seems like it is good connection, but just can’t figure out why the SINR sucks so bad. Thought it was just what it was for ATT but now with Verizon being terrible as well.
Is there anything in my house that would trashing the signal quality?

The house is in fairly rural flat area, and there is a WISP that has several tower scattered around the area.
(they are operating in the 800 meg and the 3.5 ghz range).

I have the xpol antenna on a TV tower about 25 feet in the air above the roof line.

Speeds are coming in around 30 down 30 up, so not the end of the world it is still much better than the WISP that I was currently using, but just perplexing me.

Hello @Jay_Gillett,
Did you ever manage to get your signal improved?
My main question here would be how long is your cable run between modem and antenna (the external you used), Assuming with internal you are talking about stubby antennas that come with the device. (which device are you using?)

1 Like

Yes and no. The SINR never improved. The external antenna that I used was a Xpol directional, with a 15 foot (pre attached) cable.
The SINR was bad with the built in stubby antennas, was bad with the directional.

When I switched to verizon I ended up switching to a Nighthawk M1, as the peplink didn’t support verizon band 66. The SINR is still bad on the M1, but for the most part there is just enough signal strength to still overcome the noisy signal. (the tower is line of sight).

Speeds in the morning and later nights are about 60 - 100 down, 15 up, during peak times they tend to drop closer to 20 down.

I can only imagine maybe somebody is running a crappy booster near by or something? Two different carriers, two different routers and internal and external antennas and all had crappy SINR.