I have just installed a Max BR1 mini with a Vodaphone unlimited data sim
The APN settings are automatic
The dashboard reports Connected with a good signal level for most of the time
But occasionally looses connection and reports
Sim pin required or incorrect
Then reports
Resetting
Any ideas?

None immediately. I would log a ticket with engineering and ask for a review.
Pop the SIM out check for corrosion or damage and pop in back in again.

Is that a VF UK sim? are you in the UK? Do you have another sim in slot B? If not I would set it to use SIM A only to see if that reduces the resetting. Then I would change the sim and that setting to SIM B only to see if its a SIM slot issue.

2 Likes

Hello @PaulOlley,
The Vodafone network operates with different performance and reliability levels throughout a lot of the world. Vodafone also has agreements (as they do in Australia) to operate with other local networks. In Australia, and depending on your account, when the local Australian Vodafone network is not available, your SIM will roam to another network.

So the question comes to where in the world are you, and what is happening with your local network in the area you are. Connection and coverage issues affect all carriers around the world.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m located in Southampton UK where I know to have a good signal level.
The question is why would the Max BR1 come up with Pin incorrect if the sim has no pin set and also works for a lot of the time? And why it comes up resetting.
I will however try the sim in Slot B as advised and see if it helps.
Thank you both for your input.

1 Like

@PaulOlley

Would you able to share more info where the device being deployed ? Beside that, how the device being power up ?

2 Likes