MAX BR1 mini intermittently unresponsive

I am having issues on my MAX BR1 mini where my internet connection drops out sometimes. When I notice it, e.g. a game session disconnects, I will attempt to log into the router web admin but that page is unresponsive. The AP never shows that it turns off, it just seems that the whole router becomes unresponsive. After some time, the router will begin to function normally again. This will happen without any reboot or power cycle to the router.

I have downloaded the diagnostic report, but it’s a .report file and won’t open in a text editor. I had to change the extension type in order to be able to upload it here.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences? I’m running firmware 8.1.0 build 4941.

My guess is that the device is running out of resources. And, I think the GUI is prioritized lower than core functions of the router. The diag report is for the tech experts @ Peplink. You’re right – you won’t be able to read it.

Recommendation: Wait until the event occurs again. Then, capture a fresh diagnostic report and attach it to a support ticket.