MAX BR1 Mini HW3 is only available with Primacare and other HW3 questions

So we’ve been waiting for the MAX BR1 Mini to come back into stock and found the new MAX Mini HW3 is only available with PrimaCare and after the first year the only option to continue managing through InControl is to renew Primacare versus just InControl.

Is that correct and is that going to be the path forward for all the new MAX products?
Dissapointing since we only use InControl for firmware updates and don’t need any of the Primacare features.
I
Also saw they no longer have screw terminals for power connections which we needed.
Why the change to a Cradlepoint style 4-pin plug? Do they include a pigtail option?

Will the Mini Core model be replaced with a new version or is it EOL for good?
We don’t use or need Wifi and GPS so the Core model with InControl renewals was perfect for basic low data M2M applications.

Would also like to see a “bare” or bulk options that didn’t include the power adapter, GPS, and Wifi antennas since they aren’t used and discarded. All of our units are powered by 12v Telcom UPS units.

I’m just looking for clarification and if Primacare will be the only option going forward.
Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

@1wheeler1

So we’ve been waiting for the MAX BR1 Mini to come back into stock and found the new MAX Mini HW3 is only available with PrimaCare and after the first year the only option to continue managing through InControl is to renew Primacare versus just InControl. Is that correct and is that going to be the path forward for all the new MAX products? Dissapointing since we only use InControl for firmware updates and don’t need any of the Primacare features.

PrimeCare will not be the only option going forward. We intend to allow customers to acquire the router at a reasonable cost. Thus, a pricing model like PrimeCare would allow users to acquire the router with a relatively low upfront cost and spread out the expense through the course of the year.

I Also saw they no longer have screw terminals for power connections which we needed. Why the change to a Cradlepoint style 4-pin plug? Do they include a pigtail option?

Our aim is to maximize deployment possibilities for the BR1 Mini (HW3), making it ideal for both on-the-go and fixed applications. Users can either hardwire the unit to vehicles’ battery systems or simply power up it with the power supply that comes with the package.

Will the Mini Core model be replaced with a new version or is it EOL for good? We don’t use or need Wifi and GPS so the Core model with InControl renewals was perfect for basic low data M2M applications.

We see the demand for devices without Wi-Fi to fulfill strict security compliance. The BR1 Mini Core is now undergoing a hardware revision. You can expect this to come in 2022 Q4.

Would also like to see a “bare” or bulk options that didn’t include the power adapter, GPS, and Wifi antennas since they aren’t used and discarded. All of our units are powered by 12v Telcom UPS units.

We might release this “bare” option if everyone is looking for it. Let’s see if this post can get some traction from our community.

I’m just looking for clarification and if Primacare will be the only option going forward. Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

You can refer to my answer in Q1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any updates on the new “Core” model being released and whether it will require Primecare?

With currently having 2600 devices on InControl and adding more every day going from the InControl subscription model to Primecare will more then double our renewal cost if we go forward with the new product. Primecare is not a good option for high volume low data use IOT deployments by an MSP that doesn’t need additional features.