Max BR1 Drop-in mode

Hello,

I have applied the drop-in mode license to a BR1 Mini and cannot find where to enable the feature. I have a failover license also installed so all WAN connections are available. I have restarted the unit after the license application but the option still does not show up. Please let me know if there are other steps needed to enable the feature.

@dbruce - The drop-in mode setting is located on the LAN settings page.

Hi @AskTim,

I have checked both the LAN Network Settings and LAN configuration pages but do not see an option. Please see the screenshots if I am missing something.

Yup not showing is it? Reboot, check it, reapply the feature code and try again.
It should be here:

@Martin_Langmaid I rebooted and tried applying the feature code again. When attempting to apply the code I receive an error stating: Activation failed… key has been used. Is there a way to remove the key to reapply it?

InControl should show your feature activation status for the BR1 MIni on the device overview page - what does it show there?

@Martin_Langmaid

The feature codes for both the failover and drop-in mode are present.

feature-activation.PNG

You may need to upgrade your firmware. Current version is 8.1.3

@AskTim

The unit has firmware 8.1.3 installed.

Doesn’t make any sense. With 8.1 or above you don’t even need an activation key anymore as it is a standard feature now.

Maybe factory reset it? Otherwise log a ticket so Peplink can take a look at it.

On the LAN page did you look under the ?

1 Like

The factory reset resolved the issue. Thank you everyone for your assistance.

1 Like