Max BR1 100% packet loss with Cellular connectivity

I’m having an issue with my BR1 where it will show it has cell connection, but no data can pass. I use this as a failover on my firewall. The firewall is reporting 100% packet loss (through the BR1). On the BR1, I see this;

But when I ping from System > Ping to 8.8.8.8 for example, it fails. This happened one other time a few days ago, I rebooted, and all was fine again.

What else could be going on?

1 Like

New users are only allowed 1 image in a post for some reason. Here’s more context.

We will see this when the plan has used up all it’s data.
Check to see the status of your data plan with your carrier.

2 Likes

I thought that as well. But AT&T is showing 0.2Gb of usage on a 20Gb plan. Rolled over about 2.5 weeks ago.

1 Like

I would try a cellular module reset, hidden under the ? on the cellular wan, and/or a reboot.
If it still doesn’t work contact the carrier.

Also if you are using a MVNO and not the actual carrier, it could require an APN.

2 Likes

Resetting the cellular module worked. So how do i determine if this a Pepwave issue or a carrier issue?

1 Like

I’d start with the latest beta firmware 8.1 RC1 see if the problem goes away.
If it comes back raise a ticket and attach a diganostic report, taken before you reboot or reset the module.

2 Likes

I’ll give that a try. Can I grab/view the diagnostic report myself?
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Yes, on the Status tab of the router at the bottom you can download the Diagnostic Report.

2 Likes