MAX BR-1 not showing in InControl2

We have a MAX BR-1 device that when connected over a cellular network shows up as online in InControl, but when connected only over a WAN connection (i.e. SIMs removed and a DSL based ethernet plugged into the WAN port) does not show up as online in InControl.

Any thoughts as to why a MAX BR-1 would be visible and manageable in InControl over cellular connection but not a WAN connection.

I should add that we’re using the a VPN from the BR-1 to a FusionHub server running on AWS.

Thx.

Hello,

If all traffic is being routed to a SpeedFusion VPN. That means the VPN peer does not route to IC2 hostnames. To solve this you will need to create two outbound policy rules.

Add two outbound policy rules to route traffic for ac1.peplink.com and ac2.peplink.com via Internet WAN(s).
(InControl2 uses Outbound UDP 5246 and TCP 443)

Source = Any
Dest = ac1.peplink.com
Port = Any
Algorithm = Priority

Source = Any
Dest = ac2.peplink.com
Port = Any
Algorithm = Priority

If the above ports are not being blocked and the two outbound rules have been made and it is still not communicating with IC2 (over the WAN), open a support ticket with us and we’ll take a closer look:

http://cs.peplink.com/contact/support/

1 Like

Hi Jarid - perfect - thanks.

I have a similar issue. I do not have any mifi sim cards installed. I have the device connected via cat5 cable to my Comcast modem. I am able to access the MAX device as a wifi access point so I know that it is communicating. However the device is showing as offline when I add it using the InControl2 web app. Do I need mifi sim card(s) in order for the device to be seen as online? I am not using any VPN features. This device is fresh out of the box.

@earljwood

You need to make sure IC2 traffics is not blocked by any firewall in-front the MAX device.

For more information please refer the knowledge-base post below :slight_smile:

1 Like

After I installed an AT&T mifi sim card then the device began to be detected on the InControl2 web app. I still have some additional questions. If we are comfortable
with devices we will deploy them to all of our sites. However I do need some technical questions answered. Who can I talk to about that?

You may contact your point of purchase. Below is our certified partner.

https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/

1 Like