Marina use of Pepwave Soho

Hi - we’re currently in a marina where I’d estimate that their Wi-Fi router is about 1000’ from our boat. The Pepwave works fine when I take it off our boat to the office. So I’m assuming we’re hitting a distance issue. Is there an external antennae strong enough to handle that distanc? or is there a different Peplink product that we should be using for a Wi-Fi extender? Thanks for any advice!!

1,000 feet? no way not going to work! i’d say around 200 feet without obstructions you start to lose serious signal. now add in obstructions of boats… you can use google maps to measure actual distance.

1 Like

So are you saying that even with an external antenna the best we can hope for is 200’? Thanks for your input!!

I would say <200 ideal with an external antenna, may be lucky up to 300 but that means the boat isnt moving in the wind, other boat obstructions (fiberglass, masts, etc) aren’t in the way, etc. You will not get 1,000 feet.

1 Like

@Ann_Beisemann_ Doesn’t the marina have any repeaters to support the boats at a distance or is it a free service for boats close to the office?

Unfortunately not. They are in the process of a development project th includes building a new office/club house. I’m guessing imp will be included with that