Low performance with Fusionhub on Amazon

Dear Support,

Could you please advise about the delay we are encountering with Fusion-hub on Amazon.
we are creating a tunnel between the Fusion-hub on amazon, and HD2 mini.

we are testing HD2 mini with one ADSL WAN.

The tunnel is coming up successfully.

When we send the traffic through the tunnel, it is going very very slow, while the ADSL line is 40mb download and 12 mb upload.

we are getting around 100kb as a download rate only.
latency is around 400ms

We are using t2.micro instance type, as it is recommended on Peplink website.

could you kindly advise about this case.

Best regards,

Perhaps your ISP is throttling the speed, the default Data port is UDP 4500. You could try changing to a different port and see if that helps.

What Country are you in?

1 Like

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply, I used another port, but still the same issue.
We are in DUBAI-UAE

Thank you.

I suggest to open up a support case with your ISP then. It seems things are a bit stricter over there as they have banned/blocked use of Skype recently. Thanks

1 Like

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply,

We have many other installation for tunnels between branches here in Dubai, and other countries, and they are well working on port 4500 without any performance issues or latency.
so if the issue from the ISP side, then it should appear everywhere.
also we tested different ports but still the issue is there.

could you please advise if any other ideas, or do we need to upgrade the t2.micro instance on amazon.

thank you, and best regards,

t2.micro instance is fine. I recommend you work with your local Peplink partner on this. Thanks

1 Like

t2.micro is sufficient unless you had lots of connections.
We have a FushionHub with 10 devices connected to it on t2.micro and we don’t see speed issues. I would recommend trying a common port that shouldn’t be blocked.
Also, which AWS region are you using?

Thanks for your reply,

we are using US West (Oregon)