"LOW data mode wifi" on MAX_BR1_82C1?

Here is what I see unless there is a different area that I am missing?

Also see this I dont know if SpeedFusion Bonding needs to say Yes for my Peplink device? I can’t find where to change it.

This spec sheet suggests that that device doesn’t support bonding, but instead failover only…

1 Like

See here: https://www.peplink.com/products/max-cellular-router/single-cellular/

It supports Speedfusion Smoothing

I am trying to enable Smoothing

Hopefully someone from the Peplink team can chime in and clarify for us. Normally under the SpeedFusion profile you will see a WAN smoothing and a forward error correction drop down box.

1 Like

I have enabled Wan smoothing and there is an option to enable forward error correction…

Suspect this is a UI issue. The device doesn’t do bonding, so the other WANs are in standby for bonding, but WAN smoothing is supported. If you run a speedtest do you see traffic on the links that currently show as on standby?

1 Like

Submitted support ticket # 20060243

My support ticket was routed to 5gstore. They gave a canned response and didnt investigate anything. Can someone from the Peplink team please assist? Thank you!

@TK_Liew can you help on # 20060243 please?

1 Like

@mystery, I am looking into the problem you reported here. I will continue to look into the problem of WANs show standby in SpeedFusion statistic while WAN Smoothing is enabled.

2 Likes

@mystery
I’ve tracked your issue with smoothing not being enabled on your device to an issue with the config generation code. It’s a minor fix and should go out to production sometime today.

2 Likes

Great, thank you so much! You guys rock!

@JamesPep Will I have to anything on my end to refresh the config or should I see all the WANs move into Priority 1 / active status automatically?

@JamesPep any ETA? I am still seeing the issue. thank you

Sorry, my update missed the cutoff window. As it’s a relatively minor change, it’ll be bundled with some other fixes.

You won’t require anything on your end.

1 Like

Is there an ETA? I need the WAN smoothing as we now use video conference all day and having issues with drops due to unstable wan so hoping smoothing will help

Update is live, you should be fine now.

2 Likes

@JamesPep

Something weird…

I was looking at my MK2 device: Status > Speedfusion and saw all WANs working (after your bug fix was applied), however, I logged into IC2, and noted all were no longer in priority 1 as I had set, and they were priority 1, 2, 3, 4, with the cellular in a higher priority.

Thinking that might be the issue, I re-set them all to priority 1. Pressed save. Then my Speedfusion connection went down.

Previously, at your advice, I had setup the Speedfusion profile with Star topology and the Hub set as the FusionHub Solo. Somehow now they have swapped and the Hub is now the MK2. I may have accidentally selected the MK2 from the dropdown at Edit > Device in IC2. Since I needed to get the Speedfusion tunnel back online and I could not find any way to change the hub back to the FusionHubSolo, I deleted the entire profile and re-created the connection.

So my questions are:

1. Any idea how my WAN priorities changed to 1, 2, 3, 4?
  2. Is there any way to swap which is the hub and which is the endpoint device, or is it normal behavior to have to delete and re-create the entire profile/connection?

Thank you

also, IC2 screen not showing? bug?

1. Any idea how my WAN priorities changed to 1, 2, 3, 4?

When you switched the roles of the hub and endpoint, you basically deleted the existing links and created new ones without the previous wan priority settings. Re-configuring any customisations is expected.

1. Is there any way to swap which is the hub and which is the endpoint device, or is it normal behavior to have to delete and re-create the entire profile/connection?

You should be able to change the hub and endpoint devices without deleting the profile.

also, IC2 screen not showing? bug?

Fixed in 2.8.5 as of an hour ago, when we enhanced support for the to-be-released 8.1.0 firmware.

If you have further issues, please create a ticket. We’ve wandered well away from the original thread topic.

1 Like