Lost Connection but Only Event Recorded was Time Sync

I have a Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3
Firmware: 8.0.0s167 build 1464
While I was transferring large amounts of data from my laptop to a network drive, the Wi-Fi signal completely disappeared from all of my devices (including Apple TV and iPad). When I logged into the Peplink and looked at the Event Log, the only even recorded at the same time was “Time synchronization successful”. I don’t understand why that would kill my network. I’m mostly distressed because of the broken transfer of data.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Thank you.

I have noticed similar with the Balance routers with the newest RC firmware. I have a complete loss in throughput to the internet, and then it starts working 30-40 seconds later. I haven’t done too much analysis, but I also find that time synchronization is occurring around the time of the issue. I gave my routers a fresh reboot and am waiting for it to happen again. It is frustrating because my ISP does so much shaping and traffic control on their side (due to oversubscription model) that it is difficult to tell if it is something in the router or something with my ISP. But, since I have similar issues on a Balance One and a Balance 30 with two separate ISPs - there may be something that is tying up resources and not allowing traffic to flow freely to the WAN. For some reason, my routers never update the time successfully on the first try. There is always a failure prior to a success.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 12.49.23 PM

Hi @ambw,

Welcome to the forum. From your provided log its hard to conclude what has happened during your last file transfer. Time synchronization should not be at fault, looking back to Jan 01 log it looks like your router potentially rebooted, but due to limited provided logs its hard to tell if this was planned reboot, reboot with or without time synchronization or power was interrupted. I would suggest to update your device to 8.1.0 or 8.1.1 RC firmwares to check if you will notice the same behaviour, this will help to avoid any potential old firmware related issue.
Official firmwares can be found in this link:

RC, beta firmwares can be found in this link:

If after testing both firmwares you will notice the same behaviour I would suggest to open up a ticket so our support team could take a look at your device. You can open a ticket from here:
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public