Looking for a mobile product that can to provide internet access from a mobile hotspot to a device(laptop) via an ethernet cable

Basically I am looking for a mobile product that can provide internet access via public wifi or a mobile hotspot to a laptop via an ethernet cable. I need to provde a bridge interface that does not include a wifi interface for use with Virtualbox on a Mac. I believe the mode I need is known as ‘client mode’, but not sure; I am wondering if the Peplink Pepwave Surf On-The-Go Wi-Fi Router (SUS-AGN1) would work ?

The stated model does allow you to connect via public wifi or hotspot, but I’m not entirely sure what you meant below.

1 Like

“I need to provde a bridge interface that does not include a wifi interface for use with Virtualbox on a Mac”

For the VirtualBox, are you giving bridging the interface and giving the virtual machine its own IP address on the ethernet connection?
This will work as the Pepwave will see the virtual machine as a separate device and assign it it’s own IP address.
Thanks

1 Like

@SamuelNorris,

Base on my understanding for virtual box, as long as the virtual host is using different MAC address (Defined at virtual box) then the router device will consider the device as separate device.

https://kb.datto.com/hc/en-us/articles/204423590-Changing-a-MAC-Address-on-a-VirtualBox-Virtual-Machine

Not sure this will help or not.

1 Like

Their are different mobile their you can use for tethering via USB cable. Huawei P10 price UAE also a good choice for it. Nowadays almost very mobile come with tethering feature to share the internet over USB cable