Locked Out / Blocked Pepwave by dealer

I bought a Pepwave G5 router on ebay for $921.32 and having problems after 4 months use. It would not stay working for more than a week without full reset every time. I checked the IMEI black list and its clean. I then called a pepwave service center and they said the original owners resale-number was found out to be invalid and $95.21 sales tax was due on the unit so they put a BLOCK on it! I bought the unit in good faith so I should not have to pay these taxes due for a sale over a year old! How do I get around this BLOCK they have on my unit? The original dealer total me “PAY THE TAXES OR THE UNIT IS DEAD FOREVER”
Any ideas?
Thanks.

That’s werid what country , reseller did you buy from?

1 Like

Open a case with ebay for a refund amount of the taxes owed because the unit was essentially sold not-as-described. I’ve done that before on other things, it works.

USA from rvmobileinternet.com

It’s been 4 months. too late now.

Story doesn’t make sense. The MIRC (rvmobileinternet.com) is NOT a Pepwave dealer and never has been. The only thing they sell are memberships to the valuable, unbiased content they provide covering all cellular devices as well as data plan info to the community.

Sounds like you are being bamboozled from whoever actually sold this to you.

Different day, same story. Stay. Away. From. eBay.

2 Likes

Hello @Ron_Graefe,
We are disappointed to read of your experience; that is why Peplink has a very limited of online approved resellers known as “Peplink Authorised e-Tailer” and no Peplink Partner (not even the e-tailers) can use eBay on any other online public selling platform. Every Peplink Partner agrees to stringent rules on what can and how Peplink can be sold online from being only the partner’s domain or subdomain, for example, “store.domain.com” or “domain.com/shop”.

You were likely sold a secondhand unit through someone impersonating a Peplink Partner within eBay; it has happened before, and unfortunately, Peplink can not control what people falsely do via eBay or any other online public selling platform.

You may get help by raising a Peplink Support Ticket. In your ticket, ask if Peplink can do a sales trace or look at the history of the serial number. Once you have your ticket number from Peplink, post the ticket number in a reply here.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hi Ron -

I am one of the founders of RVMobileInternet.com - and as Tim so kindly said, we don’t sell any hardware. We do not have an eBay account, and I can assure you that nothing found on eBay has anything to do with us.

But I am really concerned that someone is impersonating us. If you can reply here or reach out to [email protected] - let us know any details you can on the scammer so that we can keep our eyes out too and maybe file a takedown with eBay.

I did just search eBay and couldn’t find any accounts that appear to be using RVMobileInternet as their name - so if they are still online, please let us know.

Thanks!

• Chris
4 Likes