Live streaming of Video directly to CDN server for webcast using Pepwave MOTG-U4 -SF

I bought a pepwave OTG U4 SF for Internet Speed Increase and to do live streaming of videos to CDN Server. I appreciate some help in the following:

1) whether OTG U4  SF is  3G device with compatibility to  2.5G
 2)  We are getting a lower performance than single 3g dongle, even if use 4 3g modems with OTG, specifically for video streaming

The scenario used for video streaming is :

<Camera> ----<Video Switch> ------H.264 <Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC> –<Pepwave Max OTG U4 SF are connected>------<CDN Server> Live webcasting

The performance from above scenario was not encouraging it only helped only for a stable connection. Up on checking i could make out that we need to do a VPN tunneling for this purpose. Please clarify the following:

- Whether I can use in the field  pepwave OTG U4 SF and other end Peplink Balance 20 
          - What will be the diagram of theat
          - How do I configure my CDN server details in Balance to feed my SDN or again I need to encode the same.
  • Will it work if the field is in India and Receiving Balance is placed in India?

Overall, bit confused, please help with details

Regards,

Reji C Ulahannan

Hi,

This is depending on the USB dongle whether compatible with 2.5G.

Balance 210 is needed if you need bandwidth bonding. Please find the comparison here.
There is no problem to pair MOTG with Balance router.

Believe you are asking of the network connectivity after added Balance 210. Below is the diagram:-
Camera > Video Switch > H.264 (Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC) > MOTG(multiple 3G links) > SpeedFusion Bonding > (multiple WAN links)Balance210 > CDN Server > Live webcasting

Camera > Video Switch > H.264 (Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC) > MOTG(multiple 3G links) > Internet > CDN Server > Live webcasting
If existing connectivity (above) is working and IP based is supported by CDN Server. Then no specific setting in Balance router.

This should not a problem.

Thanks a lot for your detail reply:.

Few queries remaining are:
a)
Camera > Video Switch > H.264 (Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC) > MOTG(multiple 3G links) > Internet > CDN Server > Live webcasting**

This is the current scenario, only one sim strength available.

If I use Place MOTG in India with multiple internets and Balance 210 in Dubai with a high internet speed.

Do I need to encode the video stream again from Dubai where the Balance placed to CDN or it will take care automatically? I mean will it work with following scenario

**Camera > Video Switch > H.264 (Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC) > MOTG(multiple 3G links) > Internet > CDN Server > Live webcasting >> configure a Balance in Dubai>> balance connected to a Highspeed internet.

b)
If I am using 3 different ISP in India and the Balance is hooked in Dubai with a different provider will it affect the performances. I know there will be few seconds variations for LIVE streaming, whether it will be more than that?

Sincerely,

Hi,

I assume communication between Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC and CDN server is IP based since going through internet. Ideally there is no changes on the video encoding when you have additional Balance router at remote site. You just need to ensure CDN server is reachable by Video Encoder /Xsplit Broadcaster in PC by configure Port Forwarding in Balance router (if not using SpeedFusion bonding). If you are using SpeedFusion bonding, just ensure IP for CDN server is reachable by Encoder.

Performance of SpeedFusion bonding will affected if:

Latency

• Latency of WAN link more than 1000ms.
  • Latency between each WAN link more than 150ms.

Bandwidth

• Bandwdith of slowest WAN link less than 15% of fastest WAN link.

thanks for the informative information. Now I have the device and Amazon Cloud Speedfusion solution.

I have downloaded the Speedfusion Cloud Evaluation License pack installed in my Amazon Cloud. Now I need to configure my Pepwave MAX On-The-Go MAX-OTG-U4-SF to establish Speedfusion bonding to stream my vidoeos live. Appreciate someone can describe the configuration settings at Max OTG end to bond with Amazon cloud where the Speedfusion Server Software solution is installed. Please help