List of public IP addresses

Hello,

it’d be great to add list of public IP addresses from remote devices (spokes), which create Speedfusion tunnel to a hub.

At the moment there are only remote LAN’s.

Best regards,

Gregor

@ProjektIP, can you elaborate further on the scenario and the use case that needs the feature you have mentioned?

1 Like

We have many remote MAX BR1’s, and we have almost no option to see their dynamic public IP addresses.

It’d be nice to have simple windows to see it.

Another question, it’d be nice to see OSPF costs per route at the STATUS->OSPF table.

Best regards,

Gregor

If the MAX BR1s are connected via Cellular (with dynamic public IP data plan), then you can include the Cellular interface IP advertisement through the SpeedFusion tunnel (Advanced > OSPF & RIPv2 > OSPF & RIPv2 Route Advertisement > Network Advertising).

Peer device SpeedFusion - Remote Peer Status page:

Or, if the Cellular interface is NATted to public IP by the ISP, then probably IC2 will be the place where you can see the NATted public IP.

I will relay the request on the OSPF cost visibility to the relevant team to further review. BTW, I believe the reason you need to know the OSPF cost on the Peplink devices is mainly for integration with 3rd party routing devices?

1 Like

Hello,

regarding visibility of public IP addresses - that’s a funny workaround :slight_smile: it’d be nice to include that feature in the same way as it’s in incontrol (so which dynamic public IP is on another side of the SF VPN).

Regarding OSPF cost, of course, it’s because of integrating with 3rd party systems.

Best regards,

Gregor

@ProjektIP, further checking, I found an easier way to reveal the PepVPN peer device public IP, under the PepVPN Details page. This option is available from firmware 8.0GA onward.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Out of curiosity, in what scenario the network needs to know the PepVPN remote peer public IP (outbound NAT by ISP)? Do you mind to share more information with us?

1 Like