Link Aggregation

Do Peplink Balances (20 and One, specifically) support devices with link aggregation (like Synology drives)?

For the LAN interface, only the Balance 2500 supports LACP (802.3ad) NIC bonding.

1 Like

I know this gets beyond Peplink, but would putting the synology with link aggregation onto a switch that supports link aggregation work?

Hi,

Theoretically if both devices support LACP then should be fine. Else you will need to look for right channel to escalate your problem.

1 Like

Dear Sir.

I have a peplink 710 running version 6.2.0
does this support LACP and is able to bond the LAN ports?

If your Balance 710 is a HW1-2 revision, you will need to upgrade firmware here for this feature.

1 Like

Peplink Support,

Purchased (2) of your 305’s and I’ve been testing with one of them and would like to confirm if the LACP (NIC Bonding) can be done on this unit running firmware version 6.1.3s2 build 1246.? I’ve got three Dell N2048 switches and I’d like to run a NIC cable to each switch and setup Link Aggregation on those Dell switches. Will the 305’s allow this type of setup and / or do I need to upgrade the firmware?

Thanks,

SC

LACP is supported starting with firmware version 6.2.2 onwards. Thanks.

1 Like

Tim,

Thank you…I’ll upgrade in just a few.

SC

Tim,

Upgraded to 6.3.1…all went well and I’ve got the Link Aggregation up and going too. Do you happen to know if a log event kicks off / e-mail as well when a LAN port goes down?
Thanks,
SC

Hi SC, only WAN up/down events are logged - not LAN.

1 Like

Thank Tim!

Glad you got it running :up:

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Can i confirm that as long as the firmware is 6.2.2 onwards, all peplink balance models including 380 and 580 is LACP supported?

Thanks alot