Limit bandwidth per MAC address

Hello,

I am trying to limit the Chromecasts on my network so that they cannot use more then XXX amount of the available bandwidth. I realize it’s not possible to throttle Netflix directly, but would like to throttle based upon a per-MAC or IP address basis.

Is there a way to do this? If not, could this be a future enhancement?

Also I would like to make a suggestion, if I may… Please note that I would be willing to pay for some of the more advanced features that the Balance routers have, and use them on my SOHO. Unless those additional features would be too physically demanding for the hardware of the SOHO, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t sell an upgrade key to unlock additional features? I would even be willing to help beta test porting some features over to the SOHO. By doing this, it would be more revenue for Peplink, for features already developed, and it would satisfy power users. It would be nice if you sold the additional features or offered a “SOHO Plus” model. There is a noticeable product offering deficiency between the SOHO ($149) and the Balance One ($499) for home power users. I come from an old Linksys WRT54G that ran the Tomato and DDWRT firmware, and very much so miss the feature sets of those routers.

I like the Balance One’s dual band WiFi, but do not like that the ports are on the front of the unit, there aren’t any hookups for external antenna, and the $499 price point is extreme for a home use case. I don’t see another offering for a home power user that is using their MiFi as their sole link to the internet.

Thanks!

I am trying to limit the Chromecasts on my network so that they cannot use more then XXX amount of the available bandwidth. I realize it’s not possible to throttle Netflix directly, but would like to throttle based upon a per-MAC or IP address basis.

You may use “Individual Bandwidth” Limit to control. This is supported in v6.2 GA.

Thank you for suggestion. Fyi, futures below supported start from v6.2:-

• Enabled Individual Bandwidth Limit for all models
  • Enabled OSPF/RIPv2 for all models
  • Enabled 7 algos for all LLB products - make 7 algos as standard features