L2TP/IPSec client failed to authenticate with Domain Controller

We are having issues with all of our users connecting after the 7.1 update on a balance 310. We are using our domain controller to authenticate users. We rolled back our configuration and that worked temporarily for about a day and then started refusing connections again. We have to use the 7.1 firmware in order to pass PCI compliance. Please help as we have web developers and CEO’s that use this vpn regularly.

You roll back the configuration for which device?

Since you mentioned the problem happens on v7.1.0. May I know the problem will be resolved immediately and work more than an hour if revert to the previous firmware version? This allows us to rule out whether the problem is related to v7.1.0.

Thanks.

1 Like

We rolled back the config on the 310. We just did it again this morning and vpn is working again. I will monitor it to see if it fails again.

Looks like it is continuing to fail. For a while I was rolling back the config daily and even now that doesn’t work. It appears that it may be the radius handshake failing between the router and our server. i have double and triple checked all the settings and nothing has changed. The only thing I can find that has changed is the firmware update. I can possibly get away with some down time over the weekend to try and roll back the firmware to see if that fixes it. Any ideas?

A mentioned here, please help to rule out whether this is related to the changes of firmware.

Thanks.

1 Like

I was able to come in over the weekend and roll back the firmware and the VPN started working again.

Please share the running firmware now and all L2TP/IPSec clients are running fine without issue after your rolled back the firmware?

1 Like

Currently running 7.1.0 build 3433 was previously running build 7.0.2 build 3155 with no issues with any of the clients. Also if I switch from authentication from our server to individual accounts created on the router l2tp does not work.