We have a customer who has WyzeCams (v2 and v3) in use with his three Pepwave APs (One AC Mini HW1 and two Ruggeds). These work for a few hours and then go “out to lunch” – contact with the “app” lost. When this occurs the controller on the Balance router still shows them as registered with good signal strength, usually -55 to -68dBm. Here’s what we’ve done to troubleshoot:
- Turned fast transition off and on. No difference.
- Changed from WPA2/3 back to WPA2. No difference.
- Checked for current FW. Using 8.1.1 on the Balance and 3.6.2 in the APs.
- Ensured no interference from foreign systems – none. (The APs are on channels 1, 6 and 11.)
- Moved them so they’d associate with another AP. No effect.
- Powered the cams and the APs down and restarted. No effect.
- Tested them with another manufacturer’s APs. Worked fine.
Anyone have any suggestions for further study?