Issues with 3G connectivity

I got a Huawei dongle about a week ago that I’ve been using with a Peplink Balance 30 as a backup connection. It was working for about a week but then it said “Connecting…” for two days but never actually connected. It worked as soon as I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The logs does not say what exactly went wrong so I don’t know what’s going on. Is there a way to “reset” the dongle if this happens again? I leave my home server running 24/7 and often go out of town for days and it’s a problem if it doesn’t connect as I can’t present at home all the time to unplug it and plug it back in. I thought maybe I should just leave a script in cron on my server to reboot the router if this happens again but that’s a dirty hack that I want to avoid. This happened only once so far Has anyone had similar problems? Firmware: 5.4.7 build 1648

Some modems do require a physical reset to bring them back to life if they get hung up in a Peplink Balance. We are looking in to this and look for firmware fix sometime down the road.

Is there a list of modems that don’t have this issue so I can buy a different one?

There is no definitive list of these modems at this time.

Tim I thinks it will be better to create such list for users .