Is it possible to configure Pepwave MAX BR1 without WEB browse?

Hi,

I have a device connected to MAX BR1 with Ethernet cable. The device has Linux, but no X. I don’t have WEB browser.

Sometimes, I see different use cases to change the BR1 configuration or fetch information from the BR1 when it is not connected to InControl. For example, to change the local static IP address on BR1 so as to bring it up on the internet.

So the questions is: Is it possible to configure Pepwave MAX BR1 without WEB browse?

Regards,
Yu

Hi,
At the moment there are two primary ways to configure a BR1. You can either connect locally with a web browser from a device on its LAN, or if it already has internet access (maybe becuase you have temporarily plugged its WAN into your local network) you can access http://InControl2.peplink.com from any other device connected to the internet, add the BR1’s serial to your account and manage the BR1 via remote web admin. I blogged about remote web admin a while ago Incontrol 2 : Remote Web Admin is Ridiculously Useful – Martin Langmaid – SDWAN Architect

Hope that helps,
Martin

1 Like

Hi,

The WEB browser GUI and the InControl remote web admin is awesome. My team use it a lot and it’s very helpful.

Unfortunately, neither of the two primary ways helps in this particular use case, which is that I want to use console command to configure BR1 from a device that is NOT connected to the internet yet.

Regards,
Yu

Hi Martin,

I find an option “CLI SSH” in Web GUI, “System” –> “Admin Security”. Can I use SSH to reboot MAX BR1? If possible, can you give me an example? Document that explains CLI SSH is also appreciated.

Regards,
Yu Cao

Hi Martin,

I managed to display the help after login via SSH client. There is apparently a reboot command(and more) that I can use for my use case.

Regards,
Yu Cao

Hello,

Here is a full list of our CLI/SSH command list:

1 Like

Hi Jarid,

The guide is very helpful~ Thanks!

Hi Jarid,

Is there any chance to introduce some admin level executable commands to this CLI/SSH list, for example running a standard terminal?
Currently available commands assume we have direct IP level connectivity / routing to unit under examination; however, there may be another unit behind HD device that we may need have access to. And, as the information we need is located on another unit instead, the “get” type commands does not help there.
For that reason, a command "run ssh <username@ip address> would be awesome. Also, “run telnet”, “run ping”,etc would be nice.
Is this possible to implement?

1 Like

Hi,

This can be achieve by using Port Forwarding (Advanced > Port Forwarding).

1 Like

Any chance there are commands to check your Freq and signal strengths? I don’t see anything like this on the list of commands.