I have an odd intermittent problem. We have central balance 710s and many pepwave max-br1 peers.
Each has pepvpn tunnel to central B710.
There are set to route unique subnets at remote peers - not NAT.
This is remote IP phones reaching a softswich at central site
Normally everything works great, but occasionally one or tworandom peers will stop successfully routing data from remote subnet to central one.
When you get into the details it is odd:
- phone is sending registration packets to switch.
- these packets are seen by pepwave and are visible and correct in packet capture in pepwave
- the packets do not reach the central switch
- it appears that the packets do not reach the balance 710, but I am not sure of that, as there is so much traffic that a packet capture there is difficult
- at the same time that this is occuring, a ping from the softswitch tot he remote phone returns correctly.
i.e. - from site A you can ping device at site B. at same time device at site B that initiates packet to site A fails.
When this happens, it is all devices at the remote site.
If I disable/enable the vpn the packets now get through.
Anyone else seen something like this?