IPSEC VPN dropping on BR1

Hi, I am looking for some advice please, we recently installed a MAX BR1 with a 3G data sim and external aerial at one of our colleagues remote office. We set up a VPN connecting to a Draytek Vigor 2830n-plus which works fine for a period of time then drops out for no apparent reason and does not reconnect immediately.
The internet access still works so we know the 3g connection is fine and we can ‘dial’ a vpn but the tunnel connection is lost. Sometimes re-booting the router works but not every time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you Dawn

You could try increasing the MTU size to 1492 on the cellular interface and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thank you Ron, there was a definite improvement, it dropped but only momentarily and re-connected again. I will monitor during next full day use, thanks again for the tip.
regards
Dawn

I have tried the MTU increase but still encounter the same unstable IPSEC VPN connection ever since I upgrade to firmware 8.0.2.

Do you mean before upgrade the IPSEC VPN is working fine ? What is the firmware version running for the device before you upgrade ? Beside that what is the brand for remote device for the IPSEC connection ?

1 Like

Yes. I have about 8 sites using Max BR1 and before 8.0.2, we have some running on 6.3.3 and some on 7.0.0. Remote device brand is SonicWall NSA 6600.

@slsaw, can I confirm the stability problem will gone after you reboot the BR1 back to 6.3.3/7.0.0? If so, please open ticket for us to take a closer. Please pick 2 sites. 1 with version 6.3.3 and another with version 7.0.0.

1 Like

Hi TK,
I was comparing the stability before and after 8.0.2. Before 8.0.2, they were much stable. Anyway, I just picked 2 sites and reboot to their original version namely 6.3.3 and 7.0.0. Will monitor for few days.
As for the ticket, I am not sure I can raise it because the equipment are under our telco but we self manage them and they didn’t renew the support service. That’s why we are totally depending on forum support now.

@slsaw, you may open a ticket for us to check if you found the difference between 6.3.3/7.0.0 vs 8.0.2.

1 Like

Hi TK,
So far the two sites that had been running on 6.3.3 and 7.0.0 are stable. Now I am slowly rebooting a few more sites to their original version.

Hi TK,
Just to update you, so far all sites were rebooted to their original version which is v6.3.3 and one v7.00 and they are all very stable.

Please help to open ticket. Thanks.

1 Like