iPhone 7s not working on PepWave

We just received our Pepwave Max BR1 with Sprint service.
Everything in our house finds the new router and works fine except my sons iPhone 7s.
He can find the router but can’t browse, test speeds are very low if it will even test it.
Has anyone else had any issues like this?
Like I said, all android products, chromebooks, PC’s work fine, it’s just the iPhone 7s.

Thanks

Hi. First thing to check: Are you running the current FW, 8.0.2?

1 Like

Hi @clkreiley

Please also check the DNS settings on the iPhone. If the DNS is set to the Pepwave’s IP address (default is 192.168.50.1), please change it to a public DNS server e.g. 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1.

If this is the case, you can also change this on the router by navigating to the network settings and disable the function of “Assign DNS server automatically”. You will then be able to manually enter DNS servers of your choice which will be pushed out to the devices on the LAN. Please note it can take up to 24 hours (assuming lease time is set to 24 hours) for these settings to be pushed to each device

1 Like

Thanks for the tips.
I did the FW update and that made little difference.
I will try changing the DNS on his phone and see what happens.

@Sam_Norris
How do I know what DNS server(s) to use if I make this change to the pepwave?
Are they the same as what you listed for the phone (8.8.8.8, etc.)
Thanks

Hi @clkreiley

You are free to choose the DNS servers you want. You can use the same ones as I mentioned above on the Pepwave (if you set them on the Pepwave before you connected any devices on the LAN, you would not need to set them manually on devices like this iPhone)
8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 are google DNS servers and 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 are run by Cloudfront. Do a quick google of “public DNS servers” and you should be able to figure out which ones you want to use.

1 Like

May want to check out this site.

1 Like