IOS Router utility PUSH notifications

Hi,
I have used Peplink router utility on my Iphone for a couple years.
I host about 8 devices and all of them sent PUSH notification for my Iphone well.
After migration to new Iphone x with IOS 11.4 I do not recieve any PUSH notifications to me Router utility app.
To resolve this issue i have done fololowing

1. Checked that all my Balance 210, 310, 580, 380 devices have have “Push event” option is enabled
  2. Checked that in IOS app “Send notifications” options is enabled
  3. Checked that in IOS app all types of “Notification to recieve” are turned on
  4. Checked that IOS allow all Always all types of notifications for Router utility
  5. Re-login to AppStore account and Icloud account
  6. Made hard reboot to the Iphone
  7. Reinstalled app

Right now, Iphone doesn’t get Push for Peplink app, but other applications work well with push.

Is it any option to fix the app?

1 Like

I’m also having trouble with the iPhone app. The icon shows a number of notifications, but when I open the app it no longer tells me which device generated the problem. I have multiple devices listed. Which one needs attention? The app previously showed which device.

1 Like

Have you logged into each device which your are on the LAN of each device?
I have found that this feature only works if when you add the device to the app, you are on the LAN of the device.
(Notifications are pushed but unable to remotely access the device via the app)

We able to reproduce the issue for the IOS 11.4.

Issue acknowledged and Engineering team is looking at the possible fix on this.

2 Likes

Issue solved for RU 1.4.9.

1 Like

I have installed 1.4.9 update, but still can’t get notifications.

I just tested and able to get the notification.

Just to confirm the issue, are you opening the Notifications drawer and wait for the notification ? I found that the notification is not refreshed. Can you please minimize the apps and reopen the apps and check whether notification will shown on drawers ?

I have done so (minimize app), but no notifications even inside App itself.

I have opened case [Report B10943] with App developer

@countryman,

Just to confirm do you tested to simulate some event to generate the notification ? Example WAN down ?

1 Like

I have tried that:

• disconnect WAN manually
  • connect it back manually
  • reboot device

I might mention I just tested the new version. Works perfectly. We very much rely on this “app” and appreciate the update! TU!

1 Like

Developer will contact you for this. Suspect it may be the isolated case for your phone. :blush:

1 Like