Introducing the BR1 M2M!

Thanks, Lewis.

I’m very happy to do this, but will need information on how the M2M sends and receives the RS232 data over TCP. Is this information in the public domain?

JG

Hi Jonathan,

You can prepare a test TCP server application which just listen to specific port(s). Configure BR1-M2M UART with TCP Client mode to connect to your VM’s “specific port”. BR1-M2M will then convert data between RS232 and the TCP stream.

Thanks,
Lewis

2 Likes

Hi WeiMing,
can I have access to the latest firmware available for BR1 M2M? thanks

1 Like

@rocknolds, are you looking for GA firmware for MAX BR1-M2M? If so, you may download the 8.0GA from here, which is same with MAX BR1-Slim.

Do let me know if this is not you are after.

2 Likes

Team, can i get clarification on the M2M Certifications? Documentation below contradicts each other.

Hi Jon,

BR1 M2M should have no certifications for EN50155 & EN61000,
and the max comparison table has been revised:

Thank you for the spot.

Best Regards,
Maggie

1 Like

Hi @Lewis_Kong.

So I have written a TCP Server application as requested. I can receive data from a BR1 M2M serial port by making my application listen on the port configured in the Advanced>UART settings of the Remote WebAdmin page for the M2M. So far so good.

But to send data in the opposite direction, which port should I send the data (from the server application) to in order for the M2M to send it out as RS232? I think this is the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle…

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

If you can identify the M2M of each TCP connection, then you can just send message to the connection of the target M2M. The data payload would be send out at the RS232 of that M2M.

Thanks,
Lewis

1 Like

Hi @Lewis_Kong.

Yes, but which port number must I send to please?

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

This is the incoming connection’s source IP + source PORT.

Thanks,
Lewis

2 Likes

Thanks very much. This is working now.

2 Likes

Hi @Lewis_Kong.

While I can respond to a M2M which has started talking to the server without issue, I cannot open a session with an M2M from the server. I have tried using the source port, as you suggested - and even the destination port. I have allowed incoming TCP traffic in the Firewall Access Rules to no avail.

1. Should I be able to test the connectivity through to the port using Telnet?
  2. What else must I do to be able to send RS232 data from my server to an M2M which is just sitting there?

Thanks in advance for your help, and keep safe…

3 Likes