Introducing the Balance Two!

af0fbed5-1007-4c2f-a7c6-d9cd54629e9f
1Gbps Throughput, Under $1000@
With 2x GE WAN, 4x GE LAN, and a WLAN controller.

@ Pricing applies to US region only, other regions may vary.

5ab372bb-201f-4ef1-a74f-1569db39232b
Intelligent Traffic Steering
Automatically identifies packets by their application.

df834790-26c0-47e3-842a-4683419c7217
Fits Seamlessly in Any Office
The fanless design keeps the Balance Two whisper-quiet.

af43b329-f10e-41d7-a9b6-0c96238b28d5
Scalable, Centralized Management
Use InControl to make your deployment scalable.

See Webpage

2 Likes

Does the Balance 2 also have wireless modem capacity as a fallback WAN?

Do you mean USB WAN ?

If yes, it’s supported.

Where does this fit into the line up? Is it an updated balance 20/30 replacement, without the external WiFi / sim card stuff of the pro 30?

@rossh_pl

Please check the video recorded for the Webinar and that will explain your line up question for Balance Two.

Yeah, I am also curious…and frankly disappointed.

Half the LAN ports, more than twice the cost, no ground screw, and another small (perhaps plastic) case without rack brackets. For what? An upgrade to 1Gbps performance that is way overdue? No argument, it’s a big boost in PepVPN performance…but that’s a feature some of us just don’t use.

If this is the answer to “what will the B One upgrade look like”, I’m out. There is no way I am dropping $1K a pop on these…plus the cost and hassle of adding a managed switch to deal with the fewer LAN ports.

1 Like

Probably a very dumb question… but just to confirm, this would be a good option for speedfusion bonding two 100mbps lines?

It would be, but you’d need the extra SpeedFusion license with this model to achieve that.

We received our first yesterday and the Performance is on point and actually higher than promised. Pure WAN-LAN/LAN-WAN I get 932Mbps. CPU load doesn’t pass over 40-50% during this load and it’s like a stable line. The limitation might be our connection or infrastructure, I tested this behind a Balance 1350 which gets the same WAN-LAN/LAN-WAN performance. The physical interfaces are 1Gbps of course, so you won’t get the full Gbps througput.

The next test surprised me more. PepVPN with a FusionHub Solo in our datacentre. 500Mbps down and 350Mbps up. CPU load still lower than 60% under full load. So that is a “bit” faster than advertised.

FW options look to be the same as B210/B310, so that’s a big plus over the One, which has many limited features. And the box is a lot higher quality and actually mountable, unlike the One.

The device feels solid with metal case. There are no rackmount ears included, but they will be available soon. Wall mounting holes are on the bottom for 4 ways of mounting.

Would have been nice to have a PrimeCare model of this one, not yet announced sadly.

7 Likes

Can you backup the Balance One Settings and restore to a Balance Two?

Hi @BeachComber1, the hardware platforms are different so there is no easy way to convert this. Do you have a bunch of them that need converting? Thanks

1 Like

No, not a bunch. Unfortunately I have a password on ChangeIP for the WANS from literally a Decade ago and cannot figure out the Password. With no response or support from them, I’m stuck using the Balance One until I can figure out the password.

Would at least be nice if you had show password option in the firmware.

Hello @BeachComber1,
Log into your existing routers web admin page, download the Diagnostics File from the Status tab. Then create a support ticket to Peplink and add the file onto that ticket. There is a slim possibility for the details to be recovered by Peplink support team, though you will still need to program up your new router manually.

Curious as to why you can not get your WAN authentication details from your ISP (such as those used for PPPoE), you have more chance of getting the required details from your ISP than from Peplink or anyone else.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

It’s not info to log into WAN.

It’s ChangeIP.com password as originally stated.

Hello @BeachComber1,
Curious as to why you can not get your authentication details from changeip.com, you have more chance of getting the required information from chnageip.com than from Peplink or anyone else.

Why can you not just reset these password with changeip.com? Is the same password getting used in multiple devices? If you have authority on the changeip.com service account then surely you can request a password reset or recover the details. You can start here https://www.changeip.com/accounts/supporttickets.php and select “Forgot Password”. There is a knowledge base article on lost passwords here Password Reset - Knowledgebase - ChangeIP, Inc..

If you’re getting a negative response from changeip.com and you’re using the “Free Dynamic DNS”, then no answer is fair (you’re not paying for anything), ten years of service for free, wow that is generous of them. If you’re using the “Premium Dynamic DNS” or the “DNS Hosting”, then be patient and wait in the queue or you can move your service to another Dynamic DNS provider. Of course, you can attempt to create a new free account or change to another dynamic DNS provider.

Now that you have an excellent shiny new Peplink Balance TWO, and you like free add-ons, you could use the Peplink DDNS service : Find my Peplink within your InControl2 subscription (included with your warranty).

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

I have attempted to contact changeip.com for 6 months about the issue with zero response. At the time the accounts at changeip.com was created, I was using blur for dynamic emails and have no idea what the dynamic email that was created was.

Clients are set up for the VPN using change is.com and so it’s major, major, major issue to change them all when a simple hide/show button should allow it, or loading Balance One config file would copy settings.

Regardless, not changing to Balance Two to create more issues.

Hi,

Does it support BGP ?

Kr,

@Venn, BGP is supported.

1 Like