Introducing Firmware 8.1!

@BeachComber1

Suppose that should be firmware 8.1.1 feature.

1 Like

@BeachComber1 We are trying to have the OpenVPN client mode to have early access as 8.1.0 special build. Stay tuned… :crossed_fingers:

8.1.1 still be the official target.

3 Likes

Balance One, 8.1. AP/Settings.

I no longer see a New or Clone button to add additional Profiles. Have the Default and another one, but I done seem to have a way to add another. Tried in Safari/Firefox/CHrome (all current), nothing.

Am I missing something.

I have to give major thumbs up to Peplink for how well the upgrades work. I upgraded 800 devices in two days (public IC one night, private IC the next). Not one issue…of any kind. No hung devices. No failed upgrades. And the ability to schedule the upgrade with an interval (in seconds) between devices works great.
Now if only Yealink phones were as easy and smooth to upgrade…

3 Likes

Hi there,
I have updated to beta firmware 8.1before the release. Now its say my firmware is outdated and have download and update manually for current 8.1 final release. After updating and rebooting, the message is still the same and firmware did not change. Have done this multiple times. Can you advise?

2020-09-04 20_15_28-Web Admin - SURF-SOHO-EHTESHAM and 6 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge

Hi @ehtesham,

please try firmware from this post

1 Like

Is this the place to report small issues with fw 8.1?

For example, on the dashboard with pending updates, clicking the Apply Changes button does not remove the yellow stripe warning that there are pending changes. The changes get applied and the Apply Changes button gets disabled. On all other screens, it works fine, just on the Dashboard page this happens. Seems like a required refresh is not getting invoked.

Can I confirm this can be reproduced when you do some changes in support.cgi page then click Apply Changes button on Dashboard?

1 Like

Yes. I made a change on the support.cgi page, went back to the Dashboard, refreshed the Dashboard to see the pending change, hit Apply Changes button and the yellow stripe about the pending changes remained visible on the Dashboard.

@Michael234, I have checked. This web UI bug will be fixed in 8.1.1. You may need to refresh the browser for the time being.

Thanks.

1 Like

If only every bug was a trivial as this one :slight_smile: Thanks.

Another minor issue with fw 8.1:

The checkbox for enabling/disabling an AP has been removed in firmware 8.1. Beats me why. Now, to have an SSID that is defined but disabled, it has to be scheduled always off. An Always-Off AP does not appear on the Dashboard. Fine. But when viewing the list of APs (AP tab → AP → Wireless SSID and AP tab → Controller Status → Wireless SSID) there is no visual indication about an AP being “virtually disabled” (aka scheduled always off).

1 Like

Do you mind to provide a screenshot on this? I wish to ensure we are on the same page. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, of course. This is from a Balance 20x firmware 8.1.0

1 Like

Perhaps to add to this… I"m curious on the effect of having operating schedule defined at the AP Profile.

Which one takes precedence? I haven’t tested this… but seems like you can define two schedules for each SSID… one in AP → Wireless SSID and under AP → Settings → < an ap profile >

1 Like

@Michael234. I got you now. Look like this is not available.

The platform for B20X is a bit different. You may do this if you want to disable specific SSID.

Guest SSID will be disabled with the screenshot above.

Thanks.

1 Like

This seems like changing the rules in the middle of the game. I had SSIDs scheduled to be always off and it turned out that does not work (firmware 8.1 Balance 20x). I assumed this to be a bug. If I have to uncheck each frequency band, then why have scheduling at all?

1 Like

Balance 20x, firmware 8.1. Minor quirk. My LAN ports are numbered 4, 5,6 and 7 instead of 1,2,3 and 4. Messages in the Event Log refer to 1,2,3 and 4.

1 Like

We filed this bug. Thanks for reporting this.

1 Like

Still think it would be a great idea to have all know bugs visible so we can check the current status of the known bugs as well as seeing a history of when they were discovered and when they were extinguished.
If anyone agrees let Peplink know by liking the below post:

4 Likes