Introducing Firmware 8.1.1!

@jeff ,

As long as you can login to the device, may need your help to download the diagnostic reports from device for different hours. We may need to monitor the device to investigate further for the possible issue. Can you please follow up this via the support ticket ?

1 Like

Since the incident occurred, I have installed 8.1.1, then reinstalled 8.1.0s083 build 4956 and rebooted 3 times. Will there still be any information in the diagnostic report that is useful? How can I download a report for a specific time period?

I have already wasted many, many hours with this. Every time it locks up, it takes me 15 to 30 minutes to get things working again. Right now it is late here and I am very tired. I can give you 30 more minutes, but the router must be working by tomorrow morning.

@jeff ,

No need to upgrade using 8.1.1. We just need few diagnostic report from the 8.1.0s083 for us to check on that. I saw that you have reply via ticket. We will follow-up with you using support ticket.

1 Like

Internet access is not possible with the Balance One Core’s firmware 8.1.1 5040.
Each computer uses an Intel LAN device in Windows 10.
Internet is not available after a few minutes after booting.
It does not recover over time.
Looking at the admin page, it says that the WAN is also OK and that it is connected to the LAN.
However, it says that the Internet is not available on Windows computers.
I’ve been using 2 Balance One Cores for 5 years and have had no problems so far.
This firmware is a really serious problem.

eee

2 Likes

@rrss

How the computer connecting to the Balance One Core ? Via Direct LAN cable or WIFI ? The issue only affecting Windows computer ?

Can you please open a ticket for support team to check ?
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

IP passthrough not working for me either on BR1 ENT. The IP is actually passed through but no traffic in either direction. Booting back to 7.1.2 immediately fixes the issue.

Can you explain how this improvement works: [Cellular]​ Added the ability to define Upload &Download Bandwidth values on Cellular WAN.

@edwins, it is same as the upload and download bandwidth that available in the wired WAN. Qos and outbound policy (Overflow and Least Used) will be worked with cellular WAN if it was configured. Please take note, there is no consistent and guarantee bandwidth for cellular connection.You may need to test the bandwidth at a different time to estimate the upload and download bandwidth

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Balance 20 - HW7 Firmware 8.1.1 build 4986

brand new, booted and updated to the latest firmware
watched the videos, and setup SFC and a couple different sub tunnel profiles

couple bugs:

bug 1:
SpeedFusion Cloud > Connect Clients to Cloud
SpeedFusion Cloud > Optimize Cloud Application

these functions act like they are saved/working… but actually did nothing – they didnt send any traffic to the SFC after saving and applying. this drove me crazy for a few hours until i finally removed those and recreated with standard Outbound Policy rules and SaaS via editing with InControl.

bug 2:
SpeedFusion Cloud > Connect Clients to Cloud
only a small partial list of LAN Clients visible (are all LAN Clients supposed to be visible/selectable?)

bug 3:
https://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/MANGA/index.cgi?mode=config&option=sfcloud_location#
every time this menu popup opens, “Enable” is always disabled… even if it IS enabled.
using Chrome browser, latest version.
i kept making changes to the sub tunnels only to realize i disabled SFC upon Saving/Applying… if I didnt remember to re-enabled “Enabled”.

thanks! (and sorry if this is reported in the wrong place. im new!)

This Balance One report is pretty unsettling.

@rktchip, Below is my testing result with Balance 20.

Problem 1

Can you share how you notice these 2 features are not working?

Problem 2

I have 2 LAN clients connected to my Balance 20. Both are available at SpeedFusion Cloud > Connect Clients to Cloud

Can you provide similar screenshot for me to take a look?

Problem 3

Are you referring to this? I don’t see a problem.

1 Like

Hello!
I have made videos showing all 3 bugs – and I made a video for a 4th – I’m not sure if its a bug, but it certainly is confusing.

#4 - Disabling and Deleting Outbound Rules from InControl does not update the Balance 20. EDIT:: I found the setting “Preserve outbound policy on devices that receive no rules (Default)” so this #4 is by design.

I will send them in a PM to you.

Thank you

I have the same issue on a Balance 20. Firmware 8.1.0 was unstable but usable for the most part. Would occasionally have a period where the router was unresponsive. A reboot might fix it, or fix it after a period of time and then it may become unresponsive again.

It got WAY worse with 8.1.1. I have not been able to use it at all. Upon installing it my router froze and was unable to be contacted and network had no connectivity. I had initiated the firmware upgrade remotely while at work. It was down for 24 hours until I could troubleshoot. A reboot would bring the interface up and make it contactable for a minute or 2. My Internet connection would never even make it back up. I could access the web interface and then it would lock up and stay locked up with no connectivity at all. This happens on every single reboot. I had to finally reboot and tell it to revert to 8.1.0 to use it at all.

I would like 8.1.1 to work, especially for the DNS O Matic fix.

@vzwinagent ,

Can you please upgrade your device using the firmware post for the below ?

1 Like

I saw that and installed it after my reply. So far the router seems stable. The Mobile Internet however is not connecting. It just says Initializing. I did a reboot and same thing. Everything else seems to be working.

@vzwinagent ,

Can you open a ticket for us to check further ?

https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

Just did that.

@vzwinagent

Thank you and we will investigate on that.

1 Like

Where’s the fusionhub release?

Still on one of the RCs (I think RC3), download page still has 8.1.0

I’ve been running 8.1.1s017 build 4987 on my old Balance 20 (HW3) for almost a week and it’s been fairly solid. Had WAN1 fail and it switched to WAN2 with no problems. It is also running two Speedfusion Cloud connections, one PepVPN and controlling four APs. Still testing, but it’s much more stable than the stock 8.1.1 firmware.

It’s nice to see a company that believes in supporting their old hardware.

3 Likes