Introducing BR1 Pro 5G and B310X 5G!

email banner-BR1 5g

The Wait Is Over!

The highly anticipated MAX BR1 PRO 5G is here. Upgrade your connectivity and experience it all with the 5G device that does it all.

See Webpage

You love the Balance 310X! We now bring you it in 5G.

Balance 310X 5G. Available now!

See Webpage

3 Likes

MAX BR1 PRO 5G looks cool but why is the wifi module only 19 dbm ? something like this in a dome PoE version might be awesome…

@mystery, where do you see the 19 dBm? It looks different as I seeing 2.4GHz (21 dBm) & 5GHz (22dBm) from this page.

1 Like

19dbm here: https://download.peplink.com/resources/pepwave_br1_pro_5g_datasheet.pdf

1 Like

@jharrell, thanks for the catch, we will sort it out and update the information. :blush:

1 Like

OK please let us know which it is. Higher power is better in some cases. I’d love to see 26 dBm or above which I think was the MK2 wifi power. Is there any way to set a higher power output via firmware/software setting or is it a hardware limitation?

@mystery, the datasheet has been updated, as per the website published details.

1 Like

Dear @Cassy_Mak Where can I find the product hero shots? Can you share the link to the folder?

Looks like the BR1 Pro will be 3x expensive as the max at $1500 us, ouch:

Was hoping this would be a affordable 5G option with finally good routing speed, really like my SOHO with my CAT 20 hotspot and have been wanting to move up to a real router for a while waiting for 5G offerings but thinking I may be getting priced out of Peplink hardware going forward.

Is there an ETA of when the Stingray will come out? Would be a great combo. :open_mouth:

Hi @WeiMing,

I’m missing the Infos about the AP controller. Is it included in this devices? If yes, how many APs can be connected?

Thanks
Dennis

@dennis.hofheinz, B310X 5G support 50 APs.

1 Like

Hi @TK_Liew ,

yes for the Balance it is easy to find out :wink:
And what is with the BR1?

Thanks
Dennis

@dennis.hofheinz, BR1 Pro 5G is same as other BR1 models. You may consider using InControl2 to manage the APs behind it.

Update: There is an enhancement in 8.2.0 for BR1 Pro 5G. It supports 30 APs!

2 Likes

What does “5G (NSA)” and “5G (SA)” stand for in the SKU?

EDIT:
After some googling I’ve discovered this excellent article:
What is the Difference Between NSA and SA? Which is Better? – Router Switch Blog (router-switch.com)
TL;DR:
**NSA (Non-Standalone) **refers to the joint networking of 5G and 4G LTE, which means that 5G networks are deployed on the basis of existing 4G equipment.
SA (Standalone) is the final form of 5G. Infrastructure such as base stations, backhaul links, and core networks are all dedicated to 5G, which can maximize the potential of 5G networks.

For most operators, the difficulty of SA construction and capital investment are the biggest flaws. Therefore, many countries around the world will choose to slowly transition from NSA to SA.

1 Like

What does “5G (NSA)” and “5G (SA)” stand for in the SKU?

NSA refers to non-standalone; while SA refers to standalone.

2 Likes

Will the Peplink Devices eventually get StandAlone (SA) support for all of the 5G NR bands? This would be especially useful for the Tmobile 600mhz bands in more rural locations…

I am interested to hear the answer. I have a location that has t-mobile extended range 5g on n71 (600 mhz) available. are you saying that t-mobile is using SA for n7a instead of NSA and peplink is not supporting SA?

I don’t think this is one where you can have “Standalone coverage” or “not standalone coverage”. I think any area that has “StandAlone” enabled will support a client device (router, phone, etc) that can USE “StandAlone”… otherwise all “Non StandAlone” devices will still work…

Will the Peplink Devices eventually get StandAlone (SA) support for all of the 5G NR bands?

Yes, we will eventually get StandAlone (SA) support. This depends on the chipset capability and availability. Perhaps we will have some more news in Q3.