InTouch Server Config Internal Side

Hi All

So i run into an issue, and i dont think there is a fix for this, as it is all about routing, but i wanted to check here to see if any have a fix for this.

So InToch is all configured to go to example. 192.168.2.10 and on this ip there is a server there is answering on https which is all good.

I can see the webinterface when i push the access the intouch so i know the intouch is working.

Now here is the problem, the server / webinterface need to access the internal 192.168.2.10 but when you come from intouch from incontrol it diverts to this strange encrypted link xxxx.peplink.com etc.

So my webinterface can’t reach the internal server as i am comming from the peplink.com link.

Is there a way to route the xxxx.peplink.com to the internal ip 192.168.2.10, i know if i do it and i am on the same network, i dont have a problem cause then i can see it, but the beauty was i could reach the web interface anywhere in the world.

Hope some have an idea.

/Glenn

InTouch is a reverse proxy service. It gets us from a unique peplink URL to the LAN side web service securely. Your webserver will see a client request targeting that weird peplink.com url. If it doesn’t have a default site set and if the content and links are all hardcoded to the IP then InTouch isn’t going to work for you.

There are a couple of options. You can create a VPN to a hosted fusionhub and either port forward from its public IP to the LAN IP, or (and this is the best way) you can create a client VPN to the FusionHub and then once you have the VPN connected just access your webserver using the LAN IP.

The only other approach would be a reverse proxy of your own running on your network that rewrites the target URL requests to the LAN IP. You could then point InTouch at your reverse proxy instead of your web server interface…

1 Like

Hi Martin

Yes i solved with a speedfusion tunnel, add the external router to the allow list on the external border router, and then when connected to the Speedfusion / FusionHUB network, on either devices i could actually reach the server internally directly on the browser with it’s own IP.

So problem solved, as yes InTouch would never work, unless you have the Incontrol hosted inside i would guess, as that would the resolve to a known domain.